Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    I just put a deposit down last week on the BMW F800. I’m looking forward to getting it.

My wife is grudgingly helping me to look at options I have to sell the Jialing JH600. She hates babysitting anything to do with motorcycles but since she is Chinese and I cannot speak Chinese worth a damn, she has been conscripted. We are as of today using RMB35K as the starting point for selling price on the bike and plate. Will consider selling bike alone for RMB15K obo. Bike is presently located at our country house west of Yixing but can be brought back to Nanjing if needed.

The bike is the European version which was a little taller than normal and included the racks and plastic panniers and tail baggage.

The good:
    · I am a big guy (6’2” 130kgs) so I put Wilbers suspension on front and back. I also have the original suspension.
    · I have a custom engine bash plate. OEM bash plate is available.
    · Rox 2” risers for the bars installed
    · New lighter weight aftermarket exhaust system (not installed)
    · Bike always stored in garage or shop at one my supplier factories.

The bad:
    · One of 3 bolts holding the oil filter cover in place was broken by the tech first oil change. He was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Pretty sure he turned the thing the wrong way. Two remaining bolts have been upgraded to USA grade 8 allen caps and they have worked well for 5 years.
    · Bike fell over while getting initial inspection and bent the clutch lever. I have a new one but never installed.
    · I tried to charge a dead battery with a car battery charge system that works thru the cigarette lighter in the dash. I tried to use the power supply port on the Jialing and while the bike started, it fried the switch security system and would not restart. Had to bring in the guru from Jianling’s factory to replace everything and now the mileage shows to be several thousand km less than actual. It only shows under 1000km when actually there are probably closer to 2000km. Still low mileage but I like to disclose everything. (FYI, if you buy my Jialing or one from someone else, the guru from the factory was very good and it does not cost that much to bring him to your location if you need some help.)
    · Bike still has original tires. They look good with less than 2000km but they are 5 years old.

Send me a message here if interested.

WP_20150412_004.jpgIMG-20120916-00240.jpgIMG-20120916-00242.jpgIMG00089-20110310-1819.jpgIMG00061-20101230-1607.jpg
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #2 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    A few more pictures:

JH600IMG00014-20100530-1001.jpg
    DT

3. #3 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    DT

4. #4 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    Damn. Had that thing been available a year ago...I would have bought it for the list price. Wrong time.
    1995 Suzuki Intruder (2005-Present){Canada}
    2003 Daelim Daystar (2011-2012){S. Korea}
    2014 Jialing 200 GY5A (2015-Present) {China}

5. #5 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    Texas Aggie is that Yixing in Sichuan near Chengdu? Sorry my map is not playing the game today...

6. #6 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    Yixing is 1.5 hours south of Nanjing, 1.5 hours northwest of Shanghai, 45 minutes west of Wuxi. Our retreat is west of there by about 30 minutes in the mountains but not mountains like you have there in Chengdu! Great riding at our retreat during the week. Weekends are OK if you avoid the tourist traps. I like Chengdu and go there for work sometimes. Looks like a wonderful place to ride. Hopefully, I will get to try out the F800GS there in the future!
    DT

7. #7 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    C-Moto Guru
    Congratulations

Are you planning to change the suspensions of the F800GS back to normal instead of low version?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

8. #8 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Congratulations

Are you planning to change the suspensions of the F800GS back to normal instead of low version?
    Oh hell yes! I am 6'2" and weigh 130kg+ when geared up! The BMW China team is working with me very well. It costs more but with the special tax deal between Thailand and China, it is still less than bringing in a bike from Germany with normal suspension. Based on what I read, I will be better off with the upgrade aftermarket anyway!

By the way, I am looking to eventually go to tubeless tires so I can use plugs
    DT

Hey special tax deal between thailand and china!!! Is it worth bringing in a used bike from thailand then? Any info??? Drowl 🚵

10. #10 Re: 2010 JH600 For Sale in Nanjing 
    There is still a tax even though it is much less than it used to be. I cannot answer your question as I am not sure what you are going to do. If you are bringing it and then taking it out within 90 days or something like that, there is a huge deposit you have to make but you get it back when the bike departs China. If you are bringing one in to ride and keep for a year or more, it is most likely better to buy one here......YMMV
    DT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast