Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #21 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Hi BikeDoc,
    Amazing looking scooter, might just be what I'm looking for in the very near future.
    Do you have any pics with the box fitted yet?
    Do you attract any unwanted attention from the fuzz?
    Photo with the ADLO 2012 model top-box in situ. Top-box has its own base plate allowing the box to be removed using the key and press of the red button.

On another note, I can upgrade the rear electric motor/hub to 6KW and new master controller for ~6K CNY. Haven't looked into LiFePO4 batteries or other lithium batteries, as changing out the lead acid batteries also requires a new master controller, battery charges, and would remove the ability to recharge the eScooter out and about if needed, at any of the conventional recharging facilities...

Currently I carry the two fast chargers under the seat along with the respective cables and a 10m electrical extension cord as I have a few places where I can plug in for 'ahem' free, if I ride close to the ~100km range or know I will. I use the fast chargers sparingly though as using these to charge the batteries does shorten battery life (1.5-2hrs for full charge from an empty state). Pretty much every night I plug the scoot into the mains and recharge using the standard battery chargers (2) which take up to 10hrs from an almost empty battery state.

I'm not sure what level of redundancy reserve the controller might allow the batteries charge to remain at when 'empty'. A reserve state of charge is important to preserve the battery life for as long as possible. Fully discharging batteries fully isn't ideal so most controllers used in electric vehicle allow a certain reserve level of charge to remain... but TIC the LFZ.

I have revised my view on the BMW C600 reverse engineering... it's actually a Yamaha X-Max 400 copy
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 05-04-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso