Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    Where did you buy it?

2. #12 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    Im in Yinzhou and plan to go to Taizhou in the next couple of days...im heading to a Kymco shop there but will also take a look at this scooter....if its too big for ningbo then is in the same category as a moto scooter,,you think?

I have been here one week taking buses everywhere, havent seen many police, only a few at rush hour in the middle of the street.... I have been around the Sheraton, Wanda, Metro (like that store) never a cop in Yinzhou and i have seen motos with B plates.

3. #13 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    Kiki, as I understand, there are some a-la "Super Cub/Vawe" electric two-wheelers, which, IMO, doesn't attract so much attention like beefy maxi scooters, so maybe you can "stay under the radar" riding one, plus, they are much more nimble than scooters.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #14 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Kiki, as I understand, there are some a-la "Super Cub/Vawe" electric two-wheelers, which, IMO, doesn't attract so much attention like beefy maxi scooters, so maybe you can "stay under the radar" riding one, plus, they are much more nimble than scooters.

Thanks for the suggestion I will look on the net

5. #15 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Majiesite website is in CHS
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 09-09-2015 at 12:46 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #16 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    Since I have been riding my eScoot often, frequently riding extended distances (80-100+ range) with several instrances where I have had the pleasant experience of having to either push my eScoot back home or very deliberately and delicately limit my throttle inputs to make it back home, as I pushed the maximum range of the batteries of my eScoot (see post # 3 above). I've found that there are numerous recharging stations available anywhere one can find electric bikes, which in these parts is most everywhere. Most of the coin operated electric fast-chargers are located at electric bike workshops (big and small workshops), fewer at electric bike retail stores and a few in odd locations (e.g. outside company factory compounds) and the like.

20150922_electric_charger.jpg

The picture is of one such fast charger, measuring ~ 50cm x 30cm x 10-15cm (height x width x depth). There were 4 cables hanging from the bottom of the unit with different plug attachments (3 pin or 2 pin, not sure if there were other plug types).

Deciphering the signage...
    Fast charger is able to charge 2 bikes simultaneously (hence why there are two coin slots). This makes it possible for me to use this type of fast charger as I have my 144v divided into two 72v with two 3-pin plugs, for charging purposes. Not quite captured in the photo is the different charging cable(s) with different plugs which hang from the bottom of the fast-charger. The LED numerical display, displays the following: voltage (top LHS & RHS display), current & time (bottom LHS & RHS display).

Instructions:
    1. Turn ignition key to the off position, recharging for lead acid batteries only (cannot be used with lithium (e.g. LiFePO4 etc).
    2. Insert plug into your electric bike, then when audible voice makes announcement insert coin(s).
    3. Charging will begin automatically.
    4. Insert the number of CNY1 coins to increase the amount of charging time (CNY1 = 10 minute increments), charging time will be displayed (minutes) in the LED panel (as noted above)
    5. Voltage, current and polarity is adjusted automatically
    6. This electric fast charger operates automatically in combination with audible voice prompts, no attendant required. 24 hour fast charging available.
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #17 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Since I have been riding my eScoot often, frequently riding extended distances (80-100+ range) with several instrances where I have had the pleasant experience of having to either push my eScoot back home or very deliberately and delicately limit my throttle inputs to make it back home, as I pushed the maximum range of the batteries of my eScoot (see post # 3 above). I've found that there are numerous recharging stations available anywhere one can find electric bikes, which in these parts is most everywhere. Most of the coin operated electric fast-chargers are located at electric bike workshops (big and small workshops), fewer at electric bike retail stores and a few in odd locations (e.g. outside company factory compounds) and the like.

20150922_electric_charger.jpg

The picture is of one such fast charger, measuring ~ 50cm x 30cm x 10-15cm (height x width x depth). There were 4 cables hanging from the bottom of the unit with different plug attachments (3 pin or 2 pin, not sure if there were other plug types).

Deciphering the signage...
    Fast charger is able to charge 2 bikes simultaneously (hence why there are two coin slots). This makes it possible for me to use this type of fast charger as I have my 144v divided into two 72v with two 3-pin plugs, for charging purposes. Not quite captured in the photo is the different charging cable(s) with different plugs which hang from the bottom of the fast-charger. The LED numerical display, displays the following: voltage (top LHS & RHS display), current & time (bottom LHS & RHS display).

Instructions:
    1. Turn ignition key to the off position, recharging for lead acid batteries only (cannot be used with lithium (e.g. LiFePO4 etc).
    2. Insert plug into your electric bike, then when audible voice makes announcement insert coin(s).
    3. Charging will begin automatically.
    4. Insert the number of CNY1 coins to increase the amount of charging time (CNY1 = 10 minute increments), charging time will be displayed (minutes) in the LED panel (as noted above)
    5. Voltage, current and polarity is adjusted automatically
    6. This electric fast charger operates automatically in combination with audible voice prompts, no attendant required. 24 hour fast charging available.
    EVERYONE whi has used those coin operated fast charger have stated that it is a sure fire way to kill your batteries!

8. #18 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    Have added a luggage rack which meant permanent removal of the pillion grab rails. Once I removed the grab rails and the nice insert/in-fill that accompanies the grab rails each side, I fitted the luggage rack (one piece). After the luggage rack was installed I then fitted an ADLO '2012' top box base plate that allows quick release of the top box. I also attempted to connect the LED stop light built into the ADLO '2012' top box lid, but wasn't able to isolate the three wires from the scooter brake light, as the ADLO 2012 top box has two wires. I tried various combinations of connecting the two wires to the scooters brake light wiring unsuccessfully and ran out of time. Just another one added to my many get-round-to-it projects...

photo(s) to follow
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #19 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi BikeDoc,
    Amazing looking scooter, might just be what I'm looking for in the very near future.
    Do you have any pics with the box fitted yet?
    Do you attract any unwanted attention from the fuzz?

10. #20 Re: MaJieSiTe BMW C600 look-a-like 
    I'll have to take some photos with the luggage rack and quick release top box (ADLO '2012' model) fitted - when I am back in PRC. I'm in northern Thailand at the minute.

No, not attracted any undue or unwarranted attention, but then I ride in a small town, but mostly in mountains and rural countryside. I do go into the major city 30km away to run my errands (shop at the METRO supermarket etc), but all good so far. No plates required in this small town any longer for ebikes/e-scooters since last year. Not sure if this rule change applies in the 'city'.
    - Pablo Picasso

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast