Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    [QUOTE=englishman in china;78116]Here's the Super Motor Cafe Racer

[/QUO

Do your friends sell these or want to sell this one? It reminds me of an old Bultaco or Montessa Spainish bike. I would be interested if there is one available in China that I could get shipped to Yixing.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #32 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    I like the Tekken 250, however that is because I can see the attention they paid to the details on the bike in all the high resolution images of it on line.
    I really cannot or do not get that off the Benyco website.
    Unfortunately the Tekken name has already been taken, add 125 to that and you can see that its been taken twice.
    The Super Enduro would likely do really well its based on the Honda XL230 frame, taller and longer, most of the Caf bikes are based on a Suzuki GS125 frame.

3. #33 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    The Xl230 frame is the perfect frame to work off, the exhaust layout is also ideal for a classic dual sport . The perfect go anywhere commuter bike, selling those as a base model and then offering tons of options, different bits that could be directly swapped out. Different seats, air box covers, handle bars, bar ends, mirrors, fenders exhausts….
    What would be slick is if you could have an interface online that configured bikes directly at the factory.
    Back in the day, people could order things like colors etc. from the factory. If all the parts were coded then it would be a matter of just following the codes on the assembly line.

Many would like to build their own, virtually not actually from the parts, just to select the parts to make it unique for them.

What would be best is that some models could be ordered with a 250cc engine, that would allow for growth in that market above 125cc in the EU. The obvious problem would be lead time, could be quarterly, if many markets were combined then it be easier to meet demand without long lead times.
    That could lead into the advantage of having regional assembly lines in the EU, to reduce lead times.
    Small regional operations would maintain stock and add or do custom builds.

As for the assembly line standards made on one and then next to it is the custom line, at the point where the standard stops the line separates to add custom parts. The same people managing the custom line manage the custom line parts that would be also sold online. That process would force or inspire parts indexes and parts inventory management. It would call for higher degrees of control and organization.
    The line could be further divided, standards and then type one, type two…then custom. That would be a way to really get connected to the consumer.
    In order for that to work it would have to be all set up then sold to existing distributors as a turnkey sub brand for them, set unit margins for each. The bike ordered direct to the factory either by the distributor for stock or by the customer online. The biggest challenge would be logistics and lead times.
    Last edited by MJH; 03-18-2016 at 02:26 PM.

4. #34 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    Quote Originally Posted by englishman in china View Post
    Here's a few of the Tekken in Tibet

Attachment 17716

Attachment 17717

Attachment 17718
    Sooo why is the front fender so close to the tire? Could be trouble in the mud or worse a tree branch catcher during off road mountain trail riding. I get why the duck bill is there

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234