Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    Dave, you definitely need some R&R.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #22 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    I really like the Super Motor Lucky Punk, its missing winkers and a tail light though. The article about it on BIKEXIF has it in a form that would not likely get it approved for on the road use, it has no emission devices. Sponge filter and a near straight pipe exhaust. They call the frame a “Dragon Frame” I think it is the frame used on the Honda XL230. Here is my opinion of that, getting that frame mass produced through a facility that uses robotics would be best. Then launch a bunch of versions of it. But not just the frames the engines should be a six speed version and also with EFI.

The issue with the Chinese motorcycle industry are many, one is that they grey the line between retail and wholesale, the retail price target is now at $3k or near that for sustainability and in that they really need to consider legitimate retailing and take some time in contemplating the big picture and their national agenda of moving to or enlarging the service sector. The value is in that shift to the channels beyond the factory.

This frame is marginally different to the XL185 that is already in mass production, but not to international standards. The welds are often inferior and sloppy, the metal quality and treatments, the overall fit and finish has to improve, the defect rates minimized. The industry can repeat the process they have already, in this version and in lots of forms. I believe they can and with low enough costs out of production to insure margins through channels to retail, however they have to work to establish contractual regional partners globally.
    I believe the Tekken is a good version of that model, but it is not alone in the market, nor should it be.
    ZF-KYMCO and some others offer similar models, less some of the cosmetics trappings. If you offer the Tekken then it should come with another versions of it, as not everyone like the same style.

3. #23 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    C-Moto Senior englishman in china's Avatar
    Yep, agree with you MJH, at the moment the only 'variant' is taking off the small front mud guard. I'll tell the owners.

Zorge, no change of any bloody r and r, got Canton fair and the China Motorcycle Parts Fair this month and then Milan (and Mexico I think) next month.

Also, just finishing the first issue of china2wheels magazine which needs to be ready in time for Canton fair.

4. #24 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    Canton fair, Motorcycle parts fair, EICMA...

Oh, poor you!

5. #25 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    When you have finished jet setting around the world and find your way to Chengdu I would be happy to buy you some bbq ribs and a frosty one. The second bike looks a bit like a board tracker, very retro, but being a sociable kiwi I try to avoid single seats. One never knows when a young maiden might need a ride.

6. #26 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    That's the most sensible thing anyone has ever said Zhu!

I'll be in Chengdu as the coach of the Chongqing International Football Team at some stage soon (it's about time we beat the panda shaggers) I'll look you up for libations when I'm there.

7. #27 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 

8. #28 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 

9. #29 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    Seems to me that Benyco would be the place to sell the café model.
    Romet is selling the heck out of their Ogar and getting a slot in the Benyco line would be the best start for the Fuego.
    If they have the rights to selling it under the brand Levis, which will be inevitably equated with the jeans regardless to the actual history of the Levis Motorcycle Company, which ended in 1940, outside of this generation. They should sell them as a sub brand and with the many add on custom parts. I would not be attracted by the Levis brand the significance of the Brand is lost when it is made in China and without any material connection. That being a genuine resurrecting of old designs opposed to just a resurrection of it for marketing. It could repel as many as if not more then it attracts, the connotations run the spectrum within the market without real legitimate market surveys I would not be sure if a brand or model name is positive or negative. For example to me Fuego is a Renault that was a piece of crap that looked like a weasel. Also google it what comes up, Fire, not sure if even a Spanish speaker would be attracted or would feel it was contrived? Neutrality is best and codes and key words best that bring up the item in HTML best.
    So it could be offered through Benyco and best would be for less than the Romet and with more options. Which would be a base under 1200 Euro and options to doll it up or make it your own. If you think about that it could be a branded website linked to through Benyco with a build your bike function. In that you can build the profit.

10. #30 Re: Motorhead Tekken 250 Dual Sport 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    For example to me Fuego is a Renault...
    Ha-ha! Same here!

But it was just "Renault" 18 based coupe, which was decent mid-80's car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast