Since I have been riding my eScoot often, frequently riding extended distances (80-100+ range) with several instrances where I have had the pleasant experience of having to either push my eScoot back home or very deliberately and delicately limit my throttle inputs to make it back home, as I pushed the maximum range of the batteries of my eScoot (see post # 3 above). I've found that there are numerous recharging stations available anywhere one can find electric bikes, which in these parts is most everywhere. Most of the coin operated electric fast-chargers are located at electric bike workshops (big and small workshops), fewer at electric bike retail stores and a few in odd locations (e.g. outside company factory compounds) and the like.

20150922_electric_charger.jpg

Fast charger is able to charge 2 bikes simultaneously (hence why there are two coin slots). This makes it possible for me to use this type of fast charger as I have my 144v divided into two 72v with two 3-pin plugs, for charging purposes. Not quite captured in the photo is the different charging cable(s) with different plugs which hang from the bottom of the fast-charger. The LED numerical display, displays the following: voltage (top LHS & RHS display), current & time (bottom LHS & RHS display).

Instructions:
1. Turn ignition key to the off position, recharging for lead acid batteries only (cannot be used with lithium (e.g. LiFePO4 etc).
2. Insert plug into your electric bike, then when audible voice makes announcement insert coin(s).
3. Charging will begin automatically.
4. Insert the number of CNY1 coins to increase the amount of charging time (CNY1 = 10 minute increments), charging time will be displayed (minutes) in the LED panel (as noted above)
5. Voltage, current and polarity is adjusted automatically
6. This electric fast charger operates automatically in combination with audible voice prompts, no attendant required. 24 hour fast charging available.