The Federated Motorcycle Club of China

Hey people! We set up a new club/website, in fact we have already created a facebook site here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...d=163213105424

So join it if you are on facebook!

I was having a chat with Crazy Carl a few weeks ago, and he seemed to be surprised how small the ZMC (Zibo Motorcycle Club) actually was, as we have so many members who have lived in China and have left. Also he seemed disappointed that we didn't have a proper website, which wouldn't be worthwhile for such a small club. So I was thinking what would be a worthwhile use of our time? A national club!

The aims are just to bring together a few elements of the motorcycling community who are English speaking on the web under one general linking page, but also with its own content such as bike reviews, a factual legal page or two, some racing stories and news about the Chinese motorcycle market, whether it be imported bikes or Chinese bikes for export, eventually a section which could show regional areas.

I was hoping that some of you guys might want to be involved in some way, people all have different skills and locations. Andy knows the legal/import bikes/Beijing legal and Beijing and outer areas. Other people such as Lago888 know the race scene and Beijing, Shanghai fingers knows Shanghai and his way round a 750 or two, Crazy Carl knows the Chinese M/C market Forchetto knows the engineering side of things, plus many others of you out there, BIGDAMO out in Xinjiang.

So this group is open to you to contribute to as much as you wish, as long as you ride or have ridden in China or have an interest in Chinese bikes. If you have any content or skills such as a bike reviews, province or city reports, website coding (HTML CSS etc) we’d love to hear from you.

I have also set up a website here:

The site http://www.the-fmcc.co.cc/ is just a concept at the moment, most of the content tracks back to mcm, but it is just a development stage. I am still working on it. Take a look, how does the site look on your computer? What should I add or leave out? Suggestions?

I had the idea to have open contributions to province and city reports, like a 'lonely planet' for bikers in China, but this is beyond my current coding skill.

We don’t want to make problems for anyone or do anything that anyone else is already doing or upset the powers that be. We give massive kudos to CC for setting up mychinamoto, so we don't really want to do anything that he is already doing with this site, also we do not want to upset the Beijing bigwigs, so we will not condone illegal riding, nor condemn those that make their own decisions, just arm people with the facts. Possibly provide help (in a fully legal way only) to people who might want to ride in China.