Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The FMCC - for riders in China! Please sign in! 
    The Federated Motorcycle Club of China

Hey people! We set up a new club/website, in fact we have already created a facebook site here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...d=163213105424

So join it if you are on facebook!

I was having a chat with Crazy Carl a few weeks ago, and he seemed to be surprised how small the ZMC (Zibo Motorcycle Club) actually was, as we have so many members who have lived in China and have left. Also he seemed disappointed that we didn't have a proper website, which wouldn't be worthwhile for such a small club. So I was thinking what would be a worthwhile use of our time? A national club!

The aims are just to bring together a few elements of the motorcycling community who are English speaking on the web under one general linking page, but also with its own content such as bike reviews, a factual legal page or two, some racing stories and news about the Chinese motorcycle market, whether it be imported bikes or Chinese bikes for export, eventually a section which could show regional areas.

I was hoping that some of you guys might want to be involved in some way, people all have different skills and locations. Andy knows the legal/import bikes/Beijing legal and Beijing and outer areas. Other people such as Lago888 know the race scene and Beijing, Shanghai fingers knows Shanghai and his way round a 750 or two, Crazy Carl knows the Chinese M/C market Forchetto knows the engineering side of things, plus many others of you out there, BIGDAMO out in Xinjiang.

So this group is open to you to contribute to as much as you wish, as long as you ride or have ridden in China or have an interest in Chinese bikes. If you have any content or skills such as a bike reviews, province or city reports, website coding (HTML CSS etc) we’d love to hear from you.

I have also set up a website here:

The site http://www.the-fmcc.co.cc/ is just a concept at the moment, most of the content tracks back to mcm, but it is just a development stage. I am still working on it. Take a look, how does the site look on your computer? What should I add or leave out? Suggestions?

I had the idea to have open contributions to province and city reports, like a 'lonely planet' for bikers in China, but this is beyond my current coding skill.

We don’t want to make problems for anyone or do anything that anyone else is already doing or upset the powers that be. We give massive kudos to CC for setting up mychinamoto, so we don't really want to do anything that he is already doing with this site, also we do not want to upset the Beijing bigwigs, so we will not condone illegal riding, nor condemn those that make their own decisions, just arm people with the facts. Possibly provide help (in a fully legal way only) to people who might want to ride in China.

ZMC,

Sounds like a good project! I certainly wasn't disappointed that you didn't have a web site but at the time was only looking for an easy way for the QingQi factory folks to learn a little something about your band of merry men. The ZMC crew does some good riding and have some great opportunities coming up so heck, why not have a place to put those experiences out there?

The web blog format in the prototype site looks nice and easy to use but the scope of topics you've chosen to include in the FMCC is very wide. Get ready for mucho web work-o!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

CC and ZMC I think this website and the FMCC compliment each other and having both is a great idea. They work together to establish a stronger presence on the web of the Chinese bike scene. I realise that MCM serves a global audience but it will also serves the Chinese bike community well.

On a point of interest, a couple weeks ago a group of about 10+ CF Moto scooters and V3s rode past me on my electric scooter. It was a Sunday and it looked like they were returning from a breakfast/lunch run or a day out together. It is possible that there is a CF Moto group or club here in Chongqing.

Do either of you know who makes CF Moto bikes? I did a quick search the other day but couldn't really find who makes them.

Hey riders, the 'manufacturer' section on http://www.the-fmcc.co.cc is finished. Also updates, check it out.

Does ayone have a cj750 logo I can use?

OK how do i join sign up for this club?

I might find it a bit difficult to attend club meetings but if you want to come up here and hold a meeting your more than welcome.

I am meeting some Americans tonight for dinner who also live here and I am told a couple of them have motorcycles here I'll see what there up to.

I guess you could have branches of the club all over China?

Bigdamo, China is huge so much of the meeting up can be done on the web! Although it would be nice to meet up with people face-to-face and ride when possible of course. You can join the club on facebook for now if you have lowered your standards enough to tolerate using it! http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...d=163213105424, in the future I would like to run membership through the site itself, I need to sharpen my web coding skills a little first!

If you or anyone else wants to provide a basic outline of Xinjiang province (or the province which you live in) or review your bike if its Chinese made or legally imported I would be very happy. You can post it in this thread and I will put it up on the FMCC site and credit you, also make you the Xinjiang club president!

Listings for regions and for motorcycle reviews is completed.

If you live in or have extensively ridden around any province/SAR/AR/large city region in China, please message us. Tell us about the area, the highlights and the places to avoid. Photos welcome.

and/or

If you own or have ridden any Chinese made or legally imported (into China) motorcycle, please message us. Tell us about the bike, strengths, weaknesses and a score out of five. Photos welcome.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Beijing and Hebei regional areas are complete, thanks Andy!

Also racing section is complete.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Sites looking good ZMC!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Thanks!

If you get any free time want to write a Sichuan guide?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast