Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: The FMCC for riders in China Please sign in 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    So what you are saying is that The National Chinese Motorcycle Club is available to anyone that isn't in China; but as a motorcycle club in China it can't and won't be bothered with serving its members or prospective members?

As a ride IN China, I was going to join...but I guess there is no sense in joining a club that isn't interested in having members...

2. #22 Re: The FMCC for riders in China Please sign in 
    but I guess there is no sense in joining a club that isn't interested in having members...
    I we used to run the membership with facebook, but that is now blocked too so it makes it hard for anyone to connect, so the authorities have basically killed the club, although if you want to I'm quite happy for anyone to join. You need a proxy to see the sites now obviously, I can show you how to do this if you PM me.

The blame for the site not being viewable, and being unable to use facebook should be directed to the people who block them, not those who spent hours and hours of their time setting up the site. If you want to donate $500 for a medium bandwidth server so we can have http;/www.the-fmcc.org, and probably have that blocked too, then please feel free.

3. #23 Re: The FMCC for riders in China Please sign in 
    Hey Z, I'm not giving you crap because I appreciate the work you put into the club, but I think .co.cc domains are some kind of free web thing and those are just begging to be blocked. I doubt it's the club that is being censored, more likely it's the .co.cc or your web hosting company. A "real" domain like the-fmcc.org would only cost $50 USD to register for 5 years, and hosting would be under 100 USD per year for 100 pop3 accounts, 10 gigs of storage and 150 gigs per month bandwidth transfer. I don't know what the bandwith usage is like, but even a basic setup with 5 pop3 E-mail accounts / 400M Hosting Storage / 5GB monthly bandwidth transfer is only $18.00 USD per year.

If the bandwidth usage is low, a five year investment would only be $139 USD ($28.00 USD per year).

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #24 Re: The FMCC for riders in China Please sign in 
    Yes V everything you are saying is right, but it's the fact that facebook and other social networking sites are blocked which is the stumbling block here. Half the people who want to ride in China or hook up with each other needed facebook to connect conveniently, the site was just really put up there to help out and provide extra information that wouldn't be able to be displayed there.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

5. #25 Re: The FMCC for riders in China Please sign in 
    Quote Originally Posted by LH1953 View Post
    .. blocked within China...WTF??????
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    .. sites are blocked ..
    WE PEE oN it
    Andy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123