Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Need help DF 250 RTC engine problem 
    C-Moto Noob
    So my bike had trouble idling the other day, and the next morning it revved super high, and finally settled in around 4000 RPM, then wouldn't start for a while. Later on, it started up again, and would not rev at all, just idled at 4krpm

Found that the cap on top of the carb had come off, so I screwed it back on.
    engine hose.jpgengine hose.jpg
    Then I found a hose coming off the engine with nowhere to go, and an second one coming from the air filter.

What the heck is going on????
    Thanks!

2. #2 Re: Need help DF 250 RTC engine problem 
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnack View Post
    Then I found a hose coming off the engine with nowhere to go, and an second one coming from the air filter.
    your looking at it all wrong... you dont have 2 hoses going no where, you have one hose that split in half...
    replace it or leave the filter end be and get a little 12mm breather filter for the transmission end off ebay

And if not already blown, there is another hose coming off where the cylinder fins are, up to the secondary air intake valve... i forget what its called.
    But when that goes you can just block it off on the cylinder and ditch the rest of it. its just for emissions

Quote Originally Posted by Carnack View Post
    What the heck is going on????
    Whats going on is you have a Chinese made bike... but you know this already...
    Get some temp and perm locktight and go through the entire bike tightening things appropriately.
    I cant remember all the things ive had shake lose, but one i do remember that could have killed me was the front brake strut bolt, causing the entire brake caliper to whip around, strut with it and nearly locked up my front wheel.