Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Possible carb flooding issue?? PLEASE HELP CANT GET TO WORK WITHOUT MY BIKE 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

Im having a problem with my Pulse adrenaline 125. I feel bit silly asking for help but seeing as I'm a car mechanic and not used to working on bikes, I'm a bit stuck. Riding back from work the other day and i stupidly forgot to check my fuel after about a week and a half, my bike cut out at the traffic lights. After failing to start and looking like bit of a plonker, i pushed it on to the pavement and tried starting it. i managed to get it running so i thought nothing of it, carried on riding home and every time i let off the throttle it started bogging down. I managed to cut about 20 metres away from home before it cut out completely and wouldn't start before i finally thought about checking my fuel. Turns out i stupidly let my self run out of fuel, pushed it to the petrol station and filled up, gave it a minute for the fuel to make its way to the carb and voila, started first time. rode home, everything was perfect. The next day however, on my way to work and it was fine, got about 5 mins away and it started bogging out again, got to work, and there was fuel coming out of a pipe on the bottom of my carb with a screw next to it? I turned the fuel tap off and left it whilst i went to work, and it was fine. there was no fuel on the floor once i had finished. Got back home and once again there was fuel coming out of that pipe, turned tap off once again as i didn't have time to get take a look as i was going away for a few days.

I came back to the bike this morning to go to work forgetting about the fuel leaking issue, this time its not leaking out of the pipe on the bottom, but out of the pipe on top of the float bowl?? Wont stay running even with the choke fully open..

Cant help but wonder if maybe abit of dirt has found its way into a jet and caused it to block? Seems to me that would be the most logical reason, but as i said, I'm a car mechanic, not a bike mechanic so I'm hoping some of you guys could put forward your opinions and suggestions?

Many thanks! :)

C-Moto Guru
    First, the pipe is used to empty the carburetor from fuel.
    The screw above the pipe must be tight, if not you will have a leak.

Second, I think the float is stick (stuck) in your carburetor. It happens often when the carb is out of fuel.

And here, you have some information about your carburetor:
    www.walbro.com/media/22805/PZ-Tune.pdf
    Last edited by beniamin82; 09-14-2015 at 07:40 PM.

3. #3 Re: Possible carb flooding issue?? PLEASE HELP CANT GET TO WORK WITHOUT MY BIKE 
    C-Moto Noob
    Okay thanks, il take a look tomorrow!

4. #4 Re: Possible carb flooding issue?? PLEASE HELP CANT GET TO WORK WITHOUT MY BIKE 
    I does look like a stuck float. Probably some dirt from the bottom of a tank got in the float bowl and blocked it. You gonna have to take the seat off, then the tank so you can get to the carb. Take the carb off and try to clean it with compressed air. Be careful with the float bowl screws though, I messed them all up trying to change the main jet. They're made of some soft material.