Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: CF650TR instrument panel 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Oh ok. Thought the other posts mention it has a gear position indicator.
    You'd be forgiven for being confused by Prince666's comment.

What he should have written is that on the TR-G model the gear indicator doesn't display as a gear indicator on the TR-G. Instead it displays other information (sport mode versus economy mode or some such) using that area of the display. However, put the TR-G instrument panel onto the 650TR (as I have done) and it displays the gear indicator. At least that's the case on the first generation 650TR. I can't vouch for the second generation model.

Right - clear as mud!?
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-01-2016 at 01:51 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

2. #32 Re: CF650TR instrument panel 
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
    Hi

Thanks for that, yes essentially, I'm looking for the same instrument panel that you have, as at least I know that will fit :) I mainly want it for the trip meter, clock, and having the gear selected displayed is, as you say a bonus. I don't mind waiting, afterall, the original instrument panel does work fine.

Once again, thanks for your help.

What do you think of the SatNav mount I found?

Attachment 18139
    Attachment 18140

It's a mount designed for the ST1300, but fits perfectly. Sorry, that was a bit off topic, but I noticed on your images that you have a satnav mount.

Cheers

Tony
    It does looks good. Does it able to take a phone as well? Comes with the mounting bolts?
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

3. #33 Re: CF650TR instrument panel 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Thanks. So there is a Gen 3 TR. Is this the one with ABS? So that would make mine Gen 2 then. How is the performance of the TR-G compared to the standard TR?
    Does CFMoto tuned the engine to cope with nearly 260kg of weight? Does the Sport mode and Econ mode does anything? Suspect it is a ECU tuning map sequence.
    Essentially you're correct there are 3 generations or iterations of the 650TR/TK. The first generation from 2012-2013 which didn't have an instrument panel with the tripometer and clock... a big gaff IMO by CFMoto... they should have worked with the instrument panel manufacturer really and done their homework on that one IMHO. But then CFMoto should have also supplied a centre stand, also another silly omission for a 'touring bike'...

The second generation 650TR/TK received the instrument upgrades (basics IMO) of the clock and trip in 2014... and CFMoto added the 12v accessory plug too. CFMoto were playing round with the muffler as well at that time, so some models round that time may have come fitted with a slightly different end-can. The panniers received some additional locking mechanisms since some 'riders/users' couldn't get their heads round how to use the standard pannier locking mechanism which IMO is simple enough to use. The problem with the additional locking clasps, is that they fit snug when new, but after some use the clasps loose tension.

Third generation 650TR/TK (2015) saw further aesthetic refinements and the addition of ABS and muffler (end-can) changes.

The confusion about 650TR and NK models may come about due to differences between what’s offered here in the domestic PRC market versus export markets. Also CFMoto seem to make some poor judgements with their marketing and sales strategies depending on markets.

The 650TR-G model is only for Ch!na domestic sale... at the moment, with CFMoto saying they have no plans to export the model. But that may change.

If CFMoto added a centre stand and adjustable screen (even manual adjustment) for the 650TR (the latter of which is electronically adjustable on the 650TR-G - I suspect this will find its way onto the 650TR in time)... they'd really be onto a winner IMO.

YMMV
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-01-2016 at 02:11 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

4. #34 Re: CF650TR instrument panel 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    You'd be forgiven for being confused by Prince666's comment. What he should have written is that on the TR-G model the gear indicator doesn't dispkay as a gear indicator. Instead it displays other information (sport mode versus economy kode or some such) using that area of the display. However put the TR-G instrument panel onto the 650TR/TK and it displays the gear indicator. At least that's the case on the first generation 650TR. I can't vouch for the second generation model.

Right - clear as mud!?

Thanks mind not so clear lately mmexport1467291681664.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #35 Re: CF650TR instrument panel 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Essentially you're correct there are 3 generations or iterations of the 650TR/TK. The first generation from 2012-2013 which didn't have an instrument panel with the tripometer and clock... a big gaff IMO by CFMoto... they should have worked with the instrument panel manufacturer really and done their homework on that one IMHO. But then CFMoto should have also supplied a centre stand, also another silly omission for a 'touring bike'...

The second generation 650TR/TK received the instrument upgrades (basics IMO) of the clock and trip in 2014... and CFMoto added the 12v accessory plug too. CFMoto were playing round with the muffler as well at that time, so some models round that time may have come fitted with a slightly different end-can. The panniers received some additional locking mechanisms since some 'riders/users' couldn't get their heads round how to use the standard pannier locking mechanism which IMO is simple enough to use. The problem with the additional locking clasps, is that they fit snug when new, but after some use the clasps loose tension.

Third generation 650TR/TK (2015) saw further aesthetic refinements and the addition of ABS and muffler (end-can) changes.

The confusion about 650TR and NK models may come about due to differences between what’s offered here in the domestic PRC market versus export markets. Also CFMoto seem to make some poor judgements with their marketing and sales strategies depending on markets.

The 650TR-G model is only for Ch!na domestic sale... at the moment, with CFMoto saying they have no plans to export the model. But that may change.

If CFMoto added a centre stand and adjustable screen (even manual adjustment) for the 650TR (the latter of which is electronically adjustable on the 650TR-G - I suspect this will find its way onto the 650TR in time)... they'd really be onto a winner IMO.

YMMV
    Think you are right. Seems CFMoto is making running changes along the way. My owner's handbook is of Gen 1 version whilst I have the revised instrumentation gauge with clock and trip meter plus improved brakes and luggage system. Would have liked the ABS and gear position indicator but can live without them since never had them before in all my previous bikes.

The electrical adjustable screen on the TR-G is nice but from the review, it looks a tad lower than what it should been for taller riders. But I guess fixing the MRA X-creen will do the trick again here. Weight has gone up to nearly 260kg but suspect power may have not catch up. Would like CFMoto to do something that the rest of the market has abandoned. That is to fix a shaft drive to the TR. That would really be a selling point. No other maker producing a medium size engine bike with shaft drive anymore. Even Moto Guzzi smallest is 750. then create a luxe model with heated grips and cruise control. This will clean up the segment.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234