Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Where to buy or how to repair? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Does anyone know where you can buy this fuel-sensor. It was installed in a Lifan 250-4. It is not found in the Honda CA / CMX-models and also not in the other Chinese replicas with 253FMM engine. It has also been implemented into the Lifan 125 “King” No other bike is known to me, where you can find it. Seems to be unique and Google gives no result.

Fuel sensor.jpg

Since the sensor contains no mechanical parts, one thinks that it could not go wrong. But it always works only for some weeks. The sensor operates 4 LEDs. Two green for full and half full, then yellow for scarce; finally, red for Reserve. It happened as follows: Green and Yellow first go on and after a short while go out independently, no matter how full the tank is. Then Red appears. What are the electronic components included by the three containers?

2. #2 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 

3. #3 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Yes, thats exactly what I am looking for. Thank you very much!!! I try to translate and find out, how to order and to pay. If I don't suceed, I shall ask again for help.

Thanks again.

4. #4 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardillac View Post
    Since the sensor contains no mechanical parts
    Are u sure there's NO mechanical parts?
    There's a wire to EACH silver thingy. Open circuit = (worn / derbies / "Dry" solder point ) btw metal parts
    [Mandarin: 死马当作活马医 | My version: 死豬毋驚滾水燙,爛田準路蹽落去 ] Soak & stir in "meths" https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verg%C3%A4llung#Alkohol (ultrasonic cleaner works better if u can access it...) may gives it a NEW life...
    ---
    Tips about parts from tabao can found via http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14466 (register is NEED)
    Last edited by humanbeing; 09-23-2015 at 06:22 AM.

5. #5 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    On the bottom of the container are tabs which you can bend. I did that, but the containers could not be opened. I gave it up, otherwise the sensor would be destroyed. I can not tell what's inside.

When searching for the sensor in WWW, I found a description of the functional principle of the warning light for lack of fuel at a Honda Goldwing: A weak electric current flows through a heat-sensitive resistor. If the resistance is immersed in gasoline, the heat is dissipated an the current remains stable. If the resistor is dry, it warms up a little bit and the electric current dies and the warning light comes on.

According to this principle the Lifan sensor might work as well. That's just a guess, I do not know.

If you shake the sensor, you cannot hear anything. I concluded that no mechanical parts are inside.

I'll follow your suggestion and will clean the sensor with alcohol. I'll get back when the result is available.

If the new sensor has arrived, I'm going to break the old one. It does not cost much, but the payment is very hard to organize, if you have no credit card. Why do they not accept Paypal in China?

6. #6 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Yes, thats exactly what I am looking for. Thank you very much!!! I try to translate and find out, how to order and to pay. If I don't suceed, I shall ask again for help.

Thanks again.
    If you're outside mainland Ch!na and planning to buy something from Taobao, and you have no Mandarin language ability then you're likely to need an agent. Taobao-focus is a good place to start. There are plenty of other agents that act as the middleman for Taobao purchasing for overseas buyers.
    Disclaimer: I've no affiliation with Taobao-focus either.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #7 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 
    ... It does not cost much, but the payment is very hard to organize, if you have no credit card. Why do they not accept Paypal in China?
    Ch!na isn't alone in not using Paypal. Also Taobao uses it's own payment method and software Alipay and it is fantastic once it's set-up. Far better (multi-platforms, bank account and payment linking methodologies, plus security protocols) than Paypal in my experience and opinion.
    - Pablo Picasso

8. #8 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 
    BTW Taobao-focus do utilise Paypal for payment (amongst other methods).
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #9 Re: Where to buy or how to repair? 

Thanks again.
    Very polite people the Germans are unlike some people from the other side of the big pond ? Humanbeing is a great asset to MCM with coming up time and time again with link and website that no other people can find .
    Big thanks Humanbeing.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"