Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Re: Jon from Virginia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    One more link for this "Teikei" carb - http://www.chinesemotoparts.com/inde...oducts_id=5507 .

I have this shop bookmarked long time ago, but I don't have idea are they trustworthy or not.
    I have never used them, they do not have any of my parts, I noticed they have SSR, but not the SSR250 Qingqi?
    That is his carb and for cheap too, he could order it with a credit card and if it not what he wants then the credit card could refuse or reverse charges, so its a no risk really.

2. #42 Re: Jon from Virginia 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    It's been cold so I've made little progress. But I did get the oil changed as well as cleaned the filter.

doesn't that look great!

the black oil is from the dirty oil pan. That is 100% crude bird poo the previous owner used for oil.

Anyway, I went to do a compression test today and the starter doesn't seem to function properly. It kind of made a grinding noise and then stopped working altogether. I don't have a battery and jump started it from my car. Someone suggested that I do it with the car off. I verified it was receiving over 12 volts and tried again and nothing is happening. I turn the key to on position, hold down clutch, and press the ignition switch and nothing.

I'm thinking I'll have the starter rebuilt at a local shop. But I would like to get a compression test done before I drop any more money into it.

After a little more reading, I think I forgot to disconnect the ignition coils. Don't know if this bike uses them or where they would be located. But maybe I messed the whole thing up? how can I test if I blew up the CDI or coil? I didn't ground out the spark plug either. Now it doesn't even make the grinding noise. I tested with the kickstand down first, and then up. No change.
    Last edited by imsuperjon; 01-13-2016 at 05:17 AM.

3. #43 Re: Jon from Virginia 
    Oh my, is this gray paint primer you drained!?

If you are so eager to measure compression, you can do that even without working starter.

Fit this meter by the book, use some dust tape to keep him in safe zone, sit on a bike, shift in first gear, open throttle and use two volunteers to push bike as fast as they can for 10-15 yards and... voila - here's your compression measured.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #44 Re: Jon from Virginia 
    that engine sucked up some water at some point in time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345