Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    Hi, I've noticed lately that there's been an oil leak coming from somewhere on my pulse adrenaline ! Today I finally managed to get some time to trace where it's coming from and it seems to be from behind the front sprocket :( Does anyone know if this is an easy fix and just a case of taking the front sprocket off and fitting a new seal ?or is it going to require splitting the engine cases to fix it? Also if it's just a seal can someone point me in the direction of the one i need to repair the leak as nothing is coming up online . Thanks

2. #2 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    You answered on your question - take off sprocket, pull out old oil seal, fit properly new one and problem solved.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    That's good that I don't have to split the engine cases to resolve this issue! .Anyone know where I can get the seal from ? I've tried searching eBay for the sprocket seal even under Gs/Gn sprocket seal and doesn't seem to come up anything on eBay .
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

4. #4 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    If I'm not mistaken, it is something like 30x40x5 or 30x40x7. Google that.

5. #5 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    Ok will do ! Thanks :)
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

6. #6 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    Thankfully seals and bearings are Engineering parts as opposed to Motorcycle parts. As Zorge pointed out there are 3 numbers.

Biggest number = outside dimension
    Next number= inside dimension
    Smallest number = thickness

Same for bearings

Even motorcycle companies have to buy bearings and seals.

Fag in this discussion is top of the line bearing as opposed to a guy wearing a suit and mincing around a wine bar.

7. #7 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    Think I've located the correct seal now and it's on it's way so fingers crossed I'll get the front sprocket of and get the seal changed over and that will be the end of it! Had to change the gear shaft oil seal recently to so must be age related ! Other than that though the engine is still running strong :)

8. #8 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    If it turns out that, in addition to oil seal, you need a O-ring (there is some sleeve and this O-ring), its dimensions are 21,5x2,5 millimeters.

9. #9 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 leak behind front sprocket help? 
    Excellent information Zorge, I will examine the O-ring when I get the sprocket and seal off and proceed as necessary ! I've decided to change the front sprocket over to a new one also when I do the repair as its looking in poor condition , maybe it has something to do with causing the seal to leak ? , don't think I've had a front sprocket leak on any of my past bikes just been unlucky :)