Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    New 320cc offering.

YY350-9A

Horrible welds....
    16,800.00 CNY = 2,643.66 USD

Last edited by MJH; 09-30-2015 at 08:12 AM.

.....as across through all industrial fields welding and suitable coating is the absolute weakness .... I see that since nearly 20 years.
    It seems to be this "ChaBuDuo = nearly good/ good enough" mentality where they fail even they have the skills as I have seen too..
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #3 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 

It’s a complex matter, productivity as in the faster you go the sloppier it gets. Advanced processes improve productivity and quality, however reduces labor, it shift it to a higher level, the many welders replaced with a few technicians that maintain the robotics. They are stuck on labor intense and modernization sheds jobs and shifts jobs which is a social loss in that respect the manual labor displaced. The cost of modernizing processes and productivity drives operating costs and inflate prices at retail. So they are stuck on hand made and labor intense and in that sloppy, simply because they stop carrying in the constant and repetitive task.

4. #4 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    Jonway's new model called a Howelt is being offered factory direct on Taobao.
    Attached Images

5. #5 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    These seem like they are pretty decent, I read that the engine is very smooth.
    From what I understand Johny PAG left his partnership with Lifeng (Regal Raptor) took his production to Jonway.
    This model is not offered under the PAG Brand yet, maybe they will offer it?
    Video

6. #6 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    In addtion to that model there is a faired version that also has the 320cc twin, that is also sold in Argentina under the Zanella brand.

Johnny Pag Falcon

Zanella RZ35R

7. #7 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    There is only one person online that posted on the Falcon, here is his videos, which are pretty hard to stand.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxi...AI9pLOFYW1Q77Q

All the owner offers is that after 800 miles he has problems, lots of problems, however as for the Falcon he bought specifically the front brake. To me the video comes off as a spoof created to prevent sales, I am sure it was made in sincerity, its just that the person behind it has no awareness that it is repelling and has absolutely zero production value.
    If Pag is selling a few, of what I would call piolet offerings of these, they should really keep track of them, to insure this type of stuff is not all that is occurring for feedback.
    Simply this one video actually can stop sales cold opposed to having few intellegent owners posting reviews that could drive sales.

I would sugest dropping the Falcon and bringing in the Howlet and trying again to gain some sales in the market.

8. #8 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    Here's another video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwzfRAQl_Ko

BTW, 8-10 years ago, "Jinlun" offered almost the same sort of bikes - "Rebel" clone parallel twin on a sport-ish bike.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #9 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    You can still get those Jinlun models here in America, What is good about the Howlet is that it does not look like so many other models, plus it has 24hp and EFI, the Falcon does as well however it looks allot like the DF250RTC. The Jinlun frame and body parts are very different.
    Here is a video from some good old boy that bought one of the Jinlin.

I believe that last active EPA certificate for the 250cc model under CIXI Kingring (Jinlun) was in 2012-13, so any that exist for sale in the market could be much older I think they over estimated and imported most in 2009-10.

10. #10 Re: 永源 枭风1号 Jonway 
    There is no doubt the reason that Jonway has the production of the 320cc twin is because Johnny Pag brought it to them. So now they are developing models around it. They put it into the copy they have of the BMW F650CS, which they really should stop making. The Howlett should replace that model. As for the Falcon to me it looks like it also needs to be shelved, it’s too common.
    That engine is perfect for a scrambler…
    That engine would be suitable in this rendition of an old Sanglas by Oberdan Bezzi, it would need to be a full size bike.

The also could make lower cost models with air cooled versions of the CMX250 engine, in that would be just a matter of build quality, it is a suitable engine for North America, Jinlun proved that but failed due to poor quality.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast