Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Jawa 350 Style

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
  1. #171 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Cool, really the only one? That is amazing

However, JS-2 is the beast, Tiger Killer, no need for AP ammo, just blast them with HE

2. #172 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that even Kubinka museum doesn't have one in their collection. "Plain vanilla" KV-1, KV-1S, KV-2, KV-85... yes, but this with bolted-on add-on armor - no. Although, it isn't hard to imagine that somewhere in Russia, in some secluded village, stands on pedestal one of those E variant tanks.

Also, as I know, this IS-2 was much better as bunker buster (which, in fact, was his purpose) than tank killer. German behemoths had better rate of fire and better sights, so any duel can be very tricky for both opponents.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #173 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Yeah, well, but imagine what doom's day machine that IS-2 was. It could move to a good shooting position to blast out heavy defense structures, and it could blast away enemy tanks too. While supported by infantry the syn-energies they had must have been the best for the time being.

4. #174 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    About tanks: next Saturday in Alabino near Moscow begins "Tank Biathlon", as part of International Army Games. Serbian Army sent two tank crews and team of army cooks for "Field Kitchen" competition.

I don't care about this "tank sport", but I hope that cooks will manage to make good traditional Serbian army bean soup (with cracked sausage and smoked bacon).

5. #175 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    About tanks: next Saturday in Alabino near Moscow begins "Tank Biathlon", as part of International Army Games. Serbian Army sent two tank crews and team of army cooks for "Field Kitchen" competition.

I don't care about this "tank sport", but I hope that cooks will manage to make good traditional Serbian army bean soup (with cracked sausage and smoked bacon).

Oh, you have it too, cool, what a treat, actually! In Finland we used to have bean soup every Thursday everywhere. Novadays since Finland does not exist anymore as other than northern province of EU, I haven't seen pea soup in ages. Hated pea soup when was a kid but learned to like it, and now I enjoy it and try it out each time I happen to see it in addition to making it myself at home :) Cool beans!

(Not my photo.)

6. #176 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Yea, that's it. But we add at the add "zaprška" at the end - it's flour, paprika, some garlic and lard cooked together, which is used to thicken bean soup.

Here, Friday is bean soup day.

7. #177 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Interesting, bean soup will thicken itself if you just let it boil gently long enough, several hours, which is what we do in Finland.

Take a look at this: http://www.tasteofharmony.org.au/rec...2#.WXRRBK2aeV4

Is it Zorge Approved Serbian bean soup? If it is, then will have to try that variant some day, looks totally delicious :)

8. #178 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    You know, this spring I sowed in my garden five different varieties of beans and there is no one universal recipe for all varieties. So, is this recipe you have posted the ultimate one? Definitely no. It's one of many.

Here (in whole Balkans) dishes with the beans vary from thick soup to cassoulet-like dishes. Just type in Youtube's search box terms "Pasulj" or "Grah" (Croatian term for bean) and you'll get dozens and dozens of pretty self-explanatory videos. I personally prefer those thicker bean dishes, like "prebranac" or Macedonian "tavče-gravče" (although, with this heat and drought, I live mostly on tomatoes, zucchinis, eggplants and feta cheese...). It looks something like this:

But I have for you one universal advice: before you start to cook any bean recipe, soak beans in water at least for a night.

9. #179 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Awesome cooking video, fuck RTWs, I want to go live into a hut countryside, ride a little on gravel roads, and make outdoors delicious dutch oven food stuffs

10. #180 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Post in error.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718