Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Jawa 350 Style

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: Jawa 350 Style 

2. #112 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Man, where are you?

Did you sign up for "Soldiers of Odin" and start to patrol across town, or you go to Norwegian oil rig, to make some money to repair Miroslava?
    Haha, I don't participate on politics :D Norwegian oil rig was a good guess, been watching job offers by Statoil :) But I was away because Jawa was a bit broken and the lady back then was not interested to do motorcycle travelling, as opposed to what she made me believe. So, Jawa got abandoned... untill we divorced and I begat troubleshooting her. The electricity problem was caused by broken master key switch box. I changed that, original spare part was about 20 euro, and now headlight, tail light, and indicators work like a charm.

Then I got a bit problems with carburator settings, Miroslava begat fouling spark plugs after I changed jets. However, that was partly intentional since there was sealing between carburator and cylinder which restricted the flow of air, and which was suggested to be removed at 1500 km. I at first changed the jets and after that removed the restriction because I wanted to experience each change in detail in order to understand Miroslava better.

Now the bike, however, works like a charm, and I am very fond of her. No need for "better" bike, I already have the best on par if not better than MZ :)

20170608_0012(1).jpg

There she is <3

She have got a few new names: Pegasus and Old Faithful :) The former was given by a woman who I asked guess what is her name, and to my surprise she guessed Pegasus, all the other women have guessed nothing, just said hihi I don't know :) Old Faithful was given by my neighbor watching me fixing Jawa :)

Today will make a mini engagement trip with Jawa Waiting for full honey moon :)

3. #113 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Whoa, you are alive!

I'm glad to hear that no illness torments you, because nowadays... I witnessed more than enough...

Anyway, you can nickname Miroslava something like "Tšekkiläinen narttu". She'll love it!
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #114 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Whoa, you are alive!

I'm glad to hear that no illness torments you, because nowadays... I witnessed more than enough...

Anyway, you can nickname Miroslava something like "Tšekkiläinen narttu". She'll love it!
    Are Czech women like Jawa? Then better stay hell far away of them Else might fall in love, and who knows where it would lead with a Czech woman I can say I have done my share of cursing at Miroslava, knowing all the time that it is me who is not worthy of her :)

Anyway, today for a ride and camping...in a rain, and it will rain for long tomorrow, will be a hard test how wirings of Miroslava can handle that..would not be surprised if in the morning in the middle of nowhere in the forest she would just say no Shall prepare a huge arsenal of words for that

You must have a certain tendency of submissive mindset to SM :-)
    I remember my childhood with the old two stroke Jawa/CZ that cartied us (from today's) never further then 50km. The good part was that permanent failure analysis and repair brought us to a high maintenance knowledge level.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #116 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    You must have a certain tendency of submissive mindset to SM :-)
    I remember my childhood with the old two stroke Jawa/CZ that cartied us (from today's) never further then 50km. The good part was that permanent failure analysis and repair brought us to a high maintenance knowledge level.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    I think I am too fond of MZ ETZ 301, which was true lazy man's bike :) I wish I could replicate that with Jawa :) But Jawa is different! This last mini trip she was so very true to the true Jawa spirit: after riding 20 meters I had to drive to nearest gasoline station and grab the tools :) I laughed so very hard :D

7. #117 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    BTW, did you saw this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-p1P0jATg

Looks more interesting than the original "Shineray" base.

8. #118 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    BTW, did you saw this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-p1P0jATg

Looks more interesting than the original "Shineray" base.
    Yeah, Indian giant bought Jawa, so I understood. Good times, plenty of choise in basic bikes. I am not on dualsports anymore since 99 % of the time I ride on tarmac :) However, I have the real deal, enter Miroslava :)

20170615_0077.jpg

And KNPOB! Now, pray tell Zorge what it means, I immediatly though when I saw it that Zorge must know what it means :)

9. #119 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    You mean, this inscription on the tank? It says "Kirov" on Cyrillic script ("Киров", or in capital letters - "КИРОВ"). "Kirov Plant", which was (and still is) located in St. Petersburg, during WWII made KV tanks and refurbished everything else, including those small T-26s (originally produced up to '41. in other St. Petersburg's factory). So, my guess is that this captured T-26 got inscription after refurbishment in St. Petersburg, which someone decide to keep up until now.

Is this tank stands somewhere in proud loneliness, or you took a ride to Parola tank museum?

10. #120 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    You mean, this inscription on the tank? It says "Kirov" on Cyrillic script ("Киров", or in capital letters - "КИРОВ"). "Kirov Plant", which was (and still is) located in St. Petersburg, during WWII made KV tanks and refurbished everything else, including those small T-26s (originally produced up to '41. in other St. Petersburg's factory). So, my guess is that this captured T-26 got inscription after refurbishment in St. Petersburg, which someone decide to keep up until now.

Is this tank stands somewhere in proud loneliness, or you took a ride to Parola tank museum?
    Brilliant, you really are an amazing man with all that knowledge you have, I said that to a sweet lady I rode to meet too :)

Yeah, I rode to Parola military base, where I did my service in Armoured Brigade, but that small cute tank was not there, she was nearby in Hämeenlinna and exactly close to actual castle Hämeenlinna :)

I am doing a small ride report to contribute something in this very best MC forum in Internet :) So more pics coming later.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast