Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Jawa 350 Style

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
  1. #151 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Engine rises revs, at first sight, without reason, also in case if he gets too lean mixture, when carb doesn't provide enough fuel - cause can be too low fuel level in carb bowl (stuck needle valve, closed/dirty petcock, etc.). That is the first that comes to mind.
    Ah, yeah, darn, should had thought about a bit more. But good you said! Lean very bad in two strokes.

2. #152 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    A treat for you - "Jawa" 539 - https://moto.drom.ru/moskva/sale/jav...-52462496.html

Really cheap, only some 6,6 k euros.

Rare as much as unicorn's condensed milk.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #153 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    A treat for you - "Jawa" 539 - https://moto.drom.ru/moskva/sale/jav...-52462496.html

Really cheap, only some 6,6 k euros.

Rare as much as unicorn's condensed milk.
    Those Jawas fetch high prices in Finland too, but not that high. It is very original design, a classic Jawa, a beauty in a way. Pita those prices since I imagine it was quite cheap back in the day, and would be fun to own one. But with those prices? No.

I am digging Jawa novadays more than MZ. Jawa have better sounds and twin engine is just more cool, even though it can be quite hot

Today lubricated cables, changed main jet to 90 from 100, and retightened cylinder heads to 21 Nm.

Took a test drive and I think a bit more vibrations appeared. It revs better now though and accelerates more eagerly. However, when idling and opening throttle quicly, the engine can stall.

Tomorrow a trip to Lempäälä, so 300 - 400 unknown kilometers for Miroslava. Hmm. Hmm. Maybe have to print a list of truck rental companies

4. #154 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Thing with this "Jawa" from the add is her engine. It is also two-stroker, but 250 cc single cylinder with liquid cooling. I expected that Czechs will keep this engine and phase out this old twin, like Miroslava has. I'm not sure, but I believe that exist also air-cooled version of this engine. Pity that they didn't kept this engine.

About bit more vibrations you mentioned: Miroslava is still practically new, so it won't be bad to check and re-tight engine mounting bolts. Not once I have heard that those loose bolts caused increased vibrations. BTW, I saw few years ago on some classic "Jawa", installed some additional silent blocks in order to reduce vibrations. I don't know do they do the job.

And don;t worry if engine stalls when you quickly open throttle. Its the same on every bike with plain, slide type carb (like "Jikov"). In order to reduce this engine stalling, you can find some carb with so called accelerator pump, but nevertheless, "Jawa" is not some feisty 2T cross motorcycle that needs revs and max power instantly.

And good luck tomorrow.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #155 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    She vibrated remarkably little with 100 main jet, was like a cat purring :) I am not worried of those vibrations :) They are nothing when compared to times when there was the restricting seal between cylinder and carb.

The carb issues is a bit annoying but will have to take it into account in traffic lights etc., and "wake up" the engine in advance.

Interesting stuff that about water cooled Jawa, did not know that, it certainly makes the old Jawa more desirable. Ah, well, Jawa is great :)

6. #156 Re: Jawa 350 Style 

7. #157 Re: Jawa 350 Style 

8. #158 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    And more..

Met vice president of Yamaha Custom Club Finland. He asked do I belong to any MC club. I said no, so he asked to join his. I said I have Jawa. He said it does not matter. So I said ok I will join. Will be interesting to be there as an Gore Tex Jawa rider. I am not at to pack riding since I prefer to chose routes and speed myself as well as to stop once and a while to photograph stuff. No matter, will have to anyway take a look at pack driving aspects and stuff.

9. #159 Re: Jawa 350 Style 

10. #160 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    And more.

Jawa went the three day moto trip with no issues at all, always starting by the first kick, and worked like a treat. Have to say it is a huge treat to ride two up a small bike on small countryside roads. So very easy to stop, walk a bit, take photographs, and eventually make u-turn when in the end of road. No wrestling with the bike at all.

For some reason I am overly fascinated of cheap and small bikes. In my opinion it just hell lot more reasonable to put 3000 euro bike on the road rather than 30 000 euro bike

Now Jawa needs some maintenance. The clutch need adjustment, it wont soon fully release. According to service manual it should had been adjusted at 2500 km. In order to not have too easy time with Jawa, the cable adjustment screw and nut near the clutch lever have been badly stuck, and they are round to start with, so can't use monkey wrench. Oh well, small problems.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast