@Zorge: Stimmt genau!
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

2. #22 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    You are right. So a few shots.

20151003_0179.jpg

De facto Jawa HQ of Finland.

20151003_0181.jpg

20151003_0184.jpg

He is Simpanen, a legend in Jawa scene in Finland, and one of those very rare merchants who are honest. I know three honest merchants. One sells fishing gear, one sold MZ, and one sells Jawa.

20151003_0191.jpg

20151003_0195.jpg

Mandatory travel picture.

3. #23 Re: Jawa 350 Style 

!

Will have to rethink the plans for the honey moon with the bike. It should be combined with pilgrimage to World Jawa HQ in Cz.

4. #24 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    No, no, no...

You need pipes like this.

What, are you "Jawa" purist or some hipster!?

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #25 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Well, so I though also before I bought the bike. But I don't think so anymore. Those straight pipes are more hipster in my opinion. What I have are factory made and original for the Jawa, which Jawa though does not manufacture anymore. And in one night I became back to Jawa/MZ/Unix way of life regarding bikes, where the motto is "if it works, don't fix it"

I got that kind of "racing" exhaust like I have in Jawa for MZ aftermarket. It was built in Finland, it fit very well to MZ aesthetically, and it changed the engine in a way that before 4000 RPM nothing much happened except some noise, but after 4000 noise exploded and huge burst of power was delivered between 4000 and 5000 RPM. What a joy it was (in those days when fuel consumption was no issue and I had rather active driving style).

Besides demi god Simpanen said these racing exhausts I have in Jawa are better than the straight retro exhaust

6. #26 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Oh, forgot to mention of the living clutch lever in Jawa. It was something no other bike have.

7. #27 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Clutch lever is for sissies.

If I recall correctly, "Jawa", besides clutch lever, has some semi-auto-mumbo-jumbo clutch.

8. #28 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Yeah, it does have semi-automatic transmission. You don't have to pull the clutch lever. Just select the gear by foot. Clutch you can use if you need to get higher revs than your engine can do with the current load. You can also use it if you want to make the change of gear more "smooth", so to say. Because of the semi-automatic clutch the clutch lever can move depending on how you press the transmission lever by your foot. It is rather ghostly thing when you feel the clutch lever to move the first time

The only thing "bad" or extremely quirky is the kick start lever. It is combined kick-start and transmission lever. You need to push the lever in and turn it up so that you can use it as kick start lever, which means there are complicated steps before you can actually use the kick start. Also after you have kicked, the kick start/transmission lever tends to go back to transmission lever position, hence requiring you to redo complicated things in order to use kick start again. Also the transmission lever is so short that when you use it as kick start you can't kick it normally, else you hit your toes to foot rest.

I guess those issues can be dealt in time when learned to do things in "Jawa Way" Simpanen, by the way, did not kick start the Jawa, he just pulled the kick start lever by hand to start the Jawa

Semi quirky is the two stroke engine oil container. It is basicly a bottle below the saddle. So if you want to see the two stroke oil level you have to remove the saddle and inspect the bottle

No matter, I am enjoying of the bike greatly.

9. #29 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    So... any plans for "Jawa"?

Side bags, top case, crash bars...?

10. #30 Re: Jawa 350 Style 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    So... any plans for "Jawa"?

Side bags, top case, crash bars...?
    I have soft side bags from my previous bike which should be very good for this bike too, actually better than they were in the previous bike. I bough rear luggage rack from Simpanen, on it I can install rear boxes or tie tent and stuff. It is Jawa factory made original accessory. I don't have pictures of it because it was brought here by a car by the man who took me to get my Jawa, and I haven't yet went to get it from him. Crash bars I don't have plans to buy, though I can change my mind. Clutch and front brake lever guards I might buy, if I can find good ones for cheap without a need for mail order.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast