Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have one? 
    C-Moto Regular
    These look nice and the price is right. Does anybody have one they'd like to talk about?

http://www.apscusa.com/SALE-Lifan-Po...nly_p_443.html

2. #2 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have  
    Well, it's more of a "Honda Ape" clone.

If you are interested in this "form factor" and seven ponies will do job for you, 1K bucks is more than fair price.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    In the Facebook group that member 'trexuk' (from this thread http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...da-CT70-Clones ) started, something like 'Dax Clones , one of the members owns one, and felt it was a great machine for the price; he only has about 75 miles on it, however, but stated that everything works as it should and all that. I know, second-hand information (from me) but it seems like, just like the CT70 clones, that one probably couldn't go wrong with one taking price and quality into account. The guy who owns one said he had all the paperwork required to register his in Indiana, and I am 100% certain I could register one in Arizona. On chinariders.net, I have read nothing but good things about the online dealer you linked to, aspcusa, in several peoples' Haosen Hawk purchases, so I am guessing they would stand behind the Lifan, too. The guy stated he hit 58 mph once on it, and felt it had plenty of power overall; he uses it as a runabout in downtown Indianapolis for his business which involves classic Honda bikes like the CT70, PB 50, etc. I figure, if someone who deals in the real deal thinks highly of this bike (and taking the price of $1k into account), then it couldn't be all that bad!

4. #4 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    LOL, you are already on the group, right? And in the middle of the discussion? :) .....

5. #5 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    LOL Yeah, that's me. Looks like we all surf in the same waters. Yeah, that guy Mike is pretty cool. He provided a lot of info. I ordered one last night. These bikes are pretty addicting. I also ordered a 16 and 17 tooth front sprocket for my CT70 clone. I did a few hundred miles of road riding this summer and the bike is absolutely wailing at 50ish MPH top speed. A little taller gearing and maybe I can pull to 55-60 top end.

My clone bike has endured several hours of flat-out max RPM riding this summer w/o any issues. All I've done with it is slighty re-jet the carb, ditch the charcoal canister, add a unifilter and a re-welded pit bike exhaust. On the road it walks away from my buddy's 110 clone and another bud's vintage CB125.

I'm somewhat tempted to try a cam and/or bigger carb, but the bike runs so well now I hate to "fix" what isn't broken. lol

6. #6 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    Scottro, maybe something was lost in translation, but did I understood correctly - last night you ordered a "Pony"?

7. #7 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Scottro, maybe something was lost in translation, but did I understood correctly - last night you ordered a "Pony"?
    Yes. Temptation got the better of me... again.

8. #8 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    Congrats!! I look forward to reading about your experiences with the bike! I have $1k burning a hole in my pocket--might...just.......have..........to order one myself.

9. #9 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Congrats!! I look forward to reading about your experiences with the bike! I have $1k burning a hole in my pocket--might...just.......have..........to order one myself.
    Thanks. LOL I needed another bike like a hole in the head.

10. #10 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    Well, this is not a proper motorcycle - it is... motorcyclette (not in a French way, but... you know... little motorcycle... not more than a 3/4 of a motorcycle), so your conscience can remain calm.

You bought only a self propelled two-wheeler, no motorcycle, so no harm done. You can sleep peacefully through the night.

BTW, you could treat us with detailed walkaround. You are first owner of this "Lifan" here.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast