Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yes. That's about it. Lol.

Of more immediate concern, The weather forecast for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are reasonably warm and dry. I would have had time to get the bike assembled, photographed, and sorted. Monday's weather is unknown, I've got work and school til 10:30PM..... Blah.

2. #22 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    And I bought mine bike in December...

Waiting for the sun, late march, was worst than corporal punishment.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #23 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    Confirmed delivery for Monday morning.

4. #24 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post

Waiting for the sun, late march, was worst than corporal punishment.
    Here in the desert, it is actually waiting for the HOT season to end. I commuted all summer the 33 miles (53 kms) to work, but at least the morning was not scorching yet! Riding for recreation in the heat of the day is not fun.

I eagerly await your report, Scottro, from stock, as I have started commuting on my new to me 2004 TGB delivery scooter, but feel kind of sad putting on the miles as it only had 1200 miles when I bought it and it still looks like new. I actually intend to try my hand at delivering pizzas and/or other food in town (since I know the TGB distributor, I have some bigger business ideas with these bikes, but I digress). So, parking the rattling, creaking TMEC 200 with over 10k miles is the idea, and looking into a Pony for cheap commuting. The scooter hits 60 mph and can sustain that (which has been fine in the 2-lane 50 mph zone for about half the commute), so that is about what I will shoot for in the Pony 100. My guess and hope is that sprockets will achieve that, but I suppose carb and jets and exhaust could happen, too, if needed. I know, I know, I could get another cheap Chinese 200 or 230 enduro, and I do know that the premature rattling and clanging is due to an accident last year in which a lady in a large SUV hit me, and forced me into the curb and onto the sidewalk, braking bones in the process. The only repair I did was bend the handlebars back, but there was damage to other things, but I figured I would get something new, eventually, at least to be safe! These just look cool and can fill the role of a scooter-commuter, but I will wait to read your reports, first.

5. #25 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    It's at a warehouse in Pittsburgh. I probably could have picked it up. They called me and made an appointment to deliver it to my house between 9am and 1. Depending what time it's dropped off, it's unlikely I'll have time to unbox it until Tuesday. Talk about delayed gratification. lol

6. #26 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    Are you sure that this is warehouse in PittsburgH, not in one of couple dozen Pittsburgs across US?
    Last edited by Zorge; 10-25-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #27 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Are you sure that this is warehouse in PittsburgH, not in one of couple dozen Pittsburgs across US?
    There is a Pittsburg way back west in northern California (near San Francisco)

8. #28 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    Ha. Well it got here. It was scheduled for delivery between 9am and 1. It didn't get here til 2, so I haven't even had time to unbox it. Maybe tomorrow...

9. #29 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    Any review about this one?

10. #30 Re: Lifan Pony 100- Chinese Grom-like bike - $999 shipped in the US. Anybody have 
    C-Moto Regular
    I unboxed and assembled it last night in my driveway (in the dark and rain) so it wouldn't be sitting outside getting rained on. I took some flash photos, but won't have time to clean them up and post them until tomorrow. Some things I only finger-tightened, just to get it indoors. Overall quality seems better than the skyteam (Sacin) CT70 clone bikes. The plastics are robust and the sheet metal seems thicker, nicer than typical clones. The bike is bigger/taller/heavier than CT70 clone bikes too. The shipping crate was strong and well-assembled. However, it had a lot of sharp edges, and working in the dark, my hands looked like ground beef by the time I was done ! lol Sorry-- I probably won't be able to post much more of a review until the weekend.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast