Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 First 10,000 km. on board Keeway TX 125 S 
    Saturday, October 17, 2015. Today I have reached the first 10,000 km. (6,215 miles) with the Keeway TX 125 S. Not that this is a high figure, but the fact of being the first "round" as I can with this bike, reminded me of the preliminary purchase and lived all this time with it, almost twenty three months later.

By the end of 2013, I debated between several models, when it was clear that what he wanted was a slight trail to complement the then BMW R 1200 R to extend its scope to roads and bad roads. Finally, the choice was the Keeway TX 125 S, not without some prejudices and fears to be a small-displacement motorcycle and ... Chinese! While it is true that Keeway motorcycle was acquiring a reputation as reliable and good price / Chinese motorcycles compared with hitherto known quality was still some distrust.

Once past these first 10,000 km. by all kinds of roads, carreteruchas, roads and highways, I can say categorically that is robust and reliable, the level of the best in its price range bike. It is true that you have certain details of construction and finishing improvable, but not many more than the bikes with which to be compared.

During this time, I have never even missed those times when you feared a mishap: lonely roads through mountains or hills, where it would be difficult to get help or assistance. Especially in the early exits in these parts, I always had in mind the idea of ​​what if not start now? or what if it stops? along with the regular ones and if possible what is punctured and the puncture spray does not work? or the no less terrifying what if I fall? With time and outputs, I was gaining confidence. The bike failed, the bike took me to places hundreds of km. without question, at their own pace, slow but steady, with tenacity, without fail, climbing mountain passes, lowering them, crossing rocky roads, gravel, with land, with gullies ... If not happening somewhere or I turned It was rather my lack of preparation off-road or "excessive" prudence inviting me to not take more risks than necessary, but not because the bike show limitations, although obviously the case of a motorcycle with suspensions, Power tires and very basic, but sufficient for my shoot me quiet and contemplative.

In these first 10,000 km. the only setbacks I've had have been the loss of a screw kickstand the sensor, one of the front holding the left side cover which gives access to the battery (I have my doubts whether the bike would come without him as it was with her almost brand new) and the most striking of the screw holding the left handlebar counterweight. Another small mishap was to break the hooks of the screws holding the potalámparas rear license plate light. In this case I do not know whether to attribute to vibrations or any related maneuver mine laying and removed from the sheath that protects it from the weather that sometimes, I was hooked on tuition.

In short, very satisfied with the purchase and the outcome of the bike so far, a good preview of what may be their maturity and potential age if I go with it, which I like but sometimes I consider replacement as the years are put on me and plantearme any improvement would have to be sooner rather than later, lest they "pass me the rice."

http://deiotarus.blogspot.com.es/201...-diez-mil.html

2. #2 Re: First 10,000 km. on board Keeway TX 125 S 
    You know, knowing that you are not noob biker, I didn't have doubts that you could reach 10k kms without fuss like that.

I read in your blog about how you chose Keeway over Hyosung and Honda. Have you even considered to buy something "domestico", Motohispania's enduro or Derbi Terra?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: First 10,000 km. on board Keeway TX 125 S 
    I find it hilarious how, it seems, all china bikes lose various bits here and there, it is like a standard that several things will break. Will be very interesting to see what issues Jawa gets in the first 20 000 km :D

4. #4 Re: First 10,000 km. on board Keeway TX 125 S 
    Zorge, Motor Hispania disappear as a brand. An importer has risen, but has almost no diffusion. Derbi has been absorbed by the Piaggio group and Terra are discontinued.

In today's society, which is not photographed or not filmed and shared does not exist. Deiotarus photography, films and share. They are ten thousand: the video.

https://youtu.be/ZbGGzyA4lPY

5. #5 Re: First 10,000 km. on board Keeway TX 125 S 
    Heh, Bultaco is long gone, Sanglas too, Ossa... what?... "This time next year we'll show you...".

Quitting time for Derbi too.

6. #6 Re: First 10,000 km. on board Keeway TX 125 S 
    The only Spanish brand that remains is Rieju bikes. All other brands have been absorbed or have disappeared by the onslaught of the Asian industry.

http://www.rieju.es

Rieju has two dual-purpose models: the "Tango" and the "Marathon", but very enduro. The Keeway TX 125 S is the only real bike trail that can be bought in Spain in the range of 2.000 euros.

Keeway is trademark in Europe of Chinese group Qianjiang. It is based in many European countries with warehouses of spare parts. Not typical Chinese motorcycle "throwaway". Also its price is already closer to that of their Japanese rivals. In Spain sold 1.999 euros enrollment apart.
    Last edited by Deiotarus; 10-19-2015 at 04:43 PM.

7. #7 Re: First 10,000 km. on board Keeway TX 125 S 
    Lamentable fate hit dozens of factories across Europe. Just look in your neighborhood - Frenchies, if you not take in account "Peugeot" and exotic "Sherco", were left without any factory of normal motorcycles (scooters and trial bikes are not normal bikes, right? Right! ).

Yes, "Keeway" became something like... "semi-brand" all across Europe.

We have here sub-forum dedicated largely to Chinese manufacturers, "Qianjiang" too - http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/fo...-and-Moto-Talk , so feel free to contribute.