Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi there.

I just started with bikes, Im riding a 125 zontes tiger.

I love the bike but I would like to change its exhaust, but im completely new to this, so what should I consider when getting aftermarket exhaust, so everything will be compatible and working.

Or if any of you owns a tiger, maybe you could recommend me some nice exhausts.

Thank you.

2. #2 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    Is that four stroke? If it is, then AFAIK you can change the muffler to pretty much anything or remove it completely, it will only affect sounds as long as you don't change the muffler to something which restricts the exhaust gass flow.

I could be wrong here, though.

3. #3 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you for the answer.

Yes it is a four stroke, what muffler would you advice me to buy for this bike?

The original exhaust looks like that -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZONTES-TIG...AAAOSwstxVXLEt

4. #4 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    Sorry I can only recommend you use the exhaust you have, it looks to be allright.

5. #5 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    It is ok, but I would like to get a more deeper sound, theres really nothing that you could recommend me?

6. #6 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    Quote Originally Posted by paruka View Post
    It is ok, but I would like to get a more deeper sound, theres really nothing that you could recommend me?
    I understand very well that good sounds are part of a good driving experience. But I can't recommend anything because I don't know what kind of tools and help you have there. If you have a friend who is a mechanic and have a repair shop, then it is pretty much all the same what you buy because he can replace the exhaust and mod it good for you. But if you don't have that, then you should buy some so called "after market" exhaust for 125 cc four stroke bike, which have about the same install points as your current exhaust have. Or if you can weld and have access to welding machine, then you can again buy pretty much anything as you can weld things on the exhaust so that it stays good on your bike. But if you want to weld something, then check if the exhaust is aluminium or iron, as they are different metals to weld.

If you don't modify the fuel supply and air intake, then 125 cc aftermarket exhaust is in general good for you because it only makes the sounds louder. If you buy, for example, some 500 cc bike after market exhaust you will get an exhaust which is designed for 500 cc exhaust gasses, that is, it is bigger and heavier, it costs you more, and you don't benefit of it at all.

That your exhaust looks like it would be not the most tirivial exhaust to change, unless you manage to find after market exhaust designed just for your bike.

7. #7 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I will ask in the local garage, what they would advice me to do about the exhaust, thank you for your answer.

I have another question, this may be obvious to you but as I said Im a complete newbie.

Ive ordered some new indicators or turn signals however you want to call them, I know how to change them but the wires of the indicators I bought are different, and they dont fit in a slot.

Here are the pictures.

$_57.JPG
    New indicators
    $_58.JPG
    Current indicators

I was about to change the indicators today but then I saw the wires are different than in my current indicators.

I just found that video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13DRKYDfyW4 - zontes panther with a danmoto gp exhaust, I love the sound.

And panthers exhaust is pretty much the same as in the tiger.

Oh my days, and I also found a user of this forum that has zontes panther with lextek exhaust

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/group.php?groupid=22

I will leave him a message and see if he answers.
    Last edited by paruka; 10-29-2015 at 11:43 PM.

8. #8 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    Eventually they go to the battery of your bike. Just clip wires going into your indicators and attach those new wires. You can go to some electronics shop and buy different connectors for each end of wire, and solder them, or you could just solder right away the wire ends to each other. You should buy a small "tightening" rubber sock for wires. You push the wire inside of it and heat the sock, it will squeeze tightly over the wire, hence protecting it from the elements and shortcuts.

Edit: Oh, by the way, if you bought led indicators and you at the moment don't have led indicators, then you need a resistor set wired too.

9. #9 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello.

I wrote a message to Lextek, they replied to me that they have seen people taking off the muffler of my bike and putting a different one in, they adviced me to get that exhaust -

http://www.lextekproducts.com/125202027.php

Do you think I might need a connecting pipe or a reducer so this will fit? where can I get these from?

Thank you.

10. #10 Re: Zontes Tiger 125 exhaust 
    Most probably you will need a reducer, they seem to say inlet diameter is 51 mm. You can go measure what is the diameter of the exhaust pipe just before your current muffler. Price is very nice in that Lextek in my opinion, and it should restrict less the exhaust gasses than your current muffler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast