Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Track days in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidvancleef View Post
    Thanks for that reply. What do you mean by full on bans or discrimination re track days/racing?
    China is highly hierarchical, discriminatory and elitist.
    Caution RANT! Imported more expensive cars are best, then western branded cars made in China, then Chinese idiot copy cars, then motorcycles. If you ride a motorcycle it's 'not as good' than even the most garbage car even if your motorcycle is the most luxury imported one. This is an established hierarchy, it cannot be changed.

Any place that you might like to go for recreation including a race track, the red carpet is thoroughly laid on for the car driving retard including convenient parking and extra privileges, but you should be made to feel somehow ashamed of yourself for wanting the fun of riding there on a motorcycle or god forbid the healthy non-polluting sustainable method of having the temerity of riding a bicycle.
    You can't even put fuel in a motorcycle without being made to feel like some kind of scum, amde park some corner of a forecourt and wonder over the forecourt with a dirty old kettle 'for safety'.
    Rant out

2. #12 Re: Track days in China 
    Thank god I haven't been given the teapot nonsense in Beijing... I never understood how that process was safer than filling the motorcycle tank directly.

Slightly off topic, to the OP rapidvancleef: If you want to come to China to teach English, I think you're much better off coming here first and then finding a job. Assume that nothing that you are being told about the school is true. Not the location, the pay, the accommodations, the students, nothing. There is no shortage of teaching jobs, and once you're here, you are in a much better position to find a good job, negotiate the contract terms, etc...

3. #13 Re: Track days in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidvancleef View Post
    Why cant I bring the R6 ?
    Because when you see how much tax you have to pay on it you will shit a brick.

Loads of 600 track bikes to be had here cheap. Just take all the fruit off your bike in NZ and fit it to a bike here.

4. #14 Re: Track days in China 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Might not quite hit the spot for club racers but there are some great mini bike series using the Kayo MR-150 MiniGP bike. I've been riding the past two years in Zhuhai and it's been a great experience. Regularly organized races, a number of tracks opening up all around Guangdong province and great support from local enthusiasts as well as many coming over from HK. And to top it all, it's (just about) affordable!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kayominigp/
    http://www.qcql.com/chinese/2015/MiniGP_4.html

The local international circuit in Zhuhai is also great, though I've only spectated. The cost is high but very similar to that in western countries to hire bikes etc (see BG performance), but if you can source a bike to buy here as zhu says, and work out transport to and from the track, you can have around 3 x 30min sessions per day on track days for 150rmb per session. The Zhuhai circuit calendar is here:

http://dt.zic.com.cn/dt.asp

Also regarding teaching - there are a lot of good qualified teachers in China, in top international schools, earning a decent wage, saving money and living a decent lifestyle. However there is also a lot, a lot a lot, of scams and terrible jobs. Do your research and you should be ok, also try and have a solid get out plan / safety net for your first year, just in case.

5. #15 Re: Track days in China 
    Kayo 150 are so bucket racers I want one!

In Chengdu the local guys just ride their knarly track bikes to the track. A nice R6 track bike from Nz would have , at a guess, Power Commander , A decent shock like Ohlins or WP, a pipe like Yoshi or Akra , a steering dampener , a det sensor, Kevlar fairings and a transponder.

Put all that in a box and send it here. Enjoy.

Use the several zillion Kuai you saved to buy a dualsport and explore China.

6. #16 Re: Track days in China 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the replies so far guys. My R6 was purpose built race bike. Full ohlns front and rear, bazazz fueling controller, re programmed race ecu, race fairings, brembo m/c, graves bit n bobs etc, akra pipe. And all the spares to open an R6 shop.

To be honest I am not liking what I am reading re track days.

I did not think it would be too difficult to buy a van to transport my bike in like I have here in NZ?

Where can I find info about import tax on motorbikes into China?

I have no concerns, none at all re the teaching jobs as I am only interested in those run by UK/USA schools. Believe me. I've done a lot of research and know people in these schools. I am only going to an international school of high status, not teaching English. I will be teaching ex pats.

Thanks again

7. #17 Re: Track days in China 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    FYI start with these threads. You may discover other relevant threads by using the MCM search function &/or Goog.le

Importing motorcycles into PRC thread

0 Tariff=0 Tax thread

International motorcycle brands TIC versus TIT MSRP

Thread concerning CCC & ccc
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 11-23-2015 at 11:48 PM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

8. #18 Re: Track days in China 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for that. I cant find any info on used bikes. 70% inport tax...wow. Does that apply to used vehicles? My bike is an 08 chasis with a 2010 engine.

Cheers

9. #19 Re: Track days in China 
    If you split the bike down into parts and sent it through a carrier that reverts to a Chinese carrier when inside China you might be able to get away with paying 0%-20% if you mislabel small parts as bicycle parts. The bigger parts if automotive parts or spares maybe 0-30%. However if they find out they are used motorcycle parts you may never get any parts through.

The way China seems to work is that if you send ANYTHING through DHL, UPS or any completely not Chinese carrier you'll have to pay tax on EVERYTHING sent. If a carrier reverts to a Chinese carrier like EMS or the Chinese Post Office after it enters China, you'll usually only pay tax on items that look like they are big an expensive or electronic. The frame and the engine will cause the most grief.

10. #20 Re: Track days in China 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Oh Shit. we were planning in bringing our music equipment( pro musos) several guitars, recording gear, computers, monitors etc. Does the same apply?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast