Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Power Commander for 650nk 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello bro..any progress for your nk?are there any pro and cons after you installed pc?

2. #32 Re: Power Commander for 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by syukriz776 View Post
    Hello bro..any progress for your nk?are there any pro and cons after you installed pc?
    Hey! I just got some time to reply! I picked the bike up this weekend. The PowerCommander V for the BMW f800gs (model number 12-008) hooks right up with NO modifications to the wiring needed at all. However, the pre loaded map for the BMW made the bike idle like complete crap. It had a very lumpy idle. So, I would not recommend the use of the pre loaded BMW map. The shop did a completely custom tune on the bike.

It made 62 horsepower peak on a colder run, so I picked up 2 hp up top. However, the real changes were the mid range...I feel it a lot smoother and it pulls nicely. This really makes the bike feel different. Unfortunaltely, I do not have this dyno sheet, however, I do have the final one that shows 58 hp (hot run) and VERY smooth AFR's. I was told that I can download the map by connecting my laptop to the PCV and downloading it. I'll try to do this over the weekend.

Overall, the bike feels brand new. It no longer has any partial fuel sputters under part throttle. The popping was also reduced greatly, though it still pops loudly sometimes. The bike is just much smoother throughout the rev band and I can definitely feel the power in the mid range now. One thing to note, is that the bike seems louder now...this could just be me, but I feel the bike has a deeper growl and rumble to it now. I'll try and get the map uploaded as soon as I get a little time this weekend.

Here are the dyno runs BEFORE and AFTER... Keep in mind, this is a FAT tune...I wanted them to tune for reliability and not peak horsepower. This is good because if I ever want to add a aftermarket air filter, I think the AFR's will still be rich enough to handle it without the need for a re-tune.
    dynorunShare.jpgdynorunShare.jpg
    Last edited by 650NutKase; 12-15-2015 at 05:47 PM.
    2014 CF Moto 650nk

3. #33 Re: Power Commander for 650nk 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Wow..that a nice feedback from your part..for that slumpy idle you said..
    It could be because u are using pc5 bmw model..and mine using just pc fuel controller..now im back using zero map..because im afraid that in long term bmw pre loaded map could effect my nk engine..tq for your feedback bro n im really hope u could share the map..once again..nice feedback!! ��

4. #34 Re: Power Commander for 650nk 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by 650NutKase View Post
    Hey! I just got some time to reply! I picked the bike up this weekend. The PowerCommander V for the BMW f800gs (model number 12-008) hooks right up with NO modifications to the wiring needed at all. However, the pre loaded map for the BMW made the bike idle like complete crap. It had a very lumpy idle. So, I would not recommend the use of the pre loaded BMW map. The shop did a completely custom tune on the bike.

It made 62 horsepower peak on a colder run, so I picked up 2 hp up top. However, the real changes were the mid range...I feel it a lot smoother and it pulls nicely. This really makes the bike feel different. Unfortunaltely, I do not have this dyno sheet, however, I do have the final one that shows 58 hp (hot run) and VERY smooth AFR's. I was told that I can download the map by connecting my laptop to the PCV and downloading it. I'll try to do this over the weekend.

Overall, the bike feels brand new. It no longer has any partial fuel sputters under part throttle. The popping was also reduced greatly, though it still pops loudly sometimes. The bike is just much smoother throughout the rev band and I can definitely feel the power in the mid range now. One thing to note, is that the bike seems louder now...this could just be me, but I feel the bike has a deeper growl and rumble to it now. I'll try and get the map uploaded as soon as I get a little time this weekend.

Here are the dyno runs BEFORE and AFTER... Keep in mind, this is a FAT tune...I wanted them to tune for reliability and not peak horsepower. This is good because if I ever want to add a aftermarket air filter, I think the AFR's will still be rich enough to handle it without the need for a re-tune.
    dynorunShare.jpgdynorunShare.jpg
    Bro..have u tried to download the said map from your pcv into your pc?

5. #35 Re: Power Commander for 650nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by syukriz776 View Post
    Bro..have u tried to download the said map from your pcv into your pc?
    Hey! No I haven't gotten a chance yet! The holidays and personal stuff have been taking my time away. I haven't even riden at all this week :( I'll get it up when I get a little time :(
    2014 CF Moto 650nk

6. #36 Re: Power Commander for 650nk 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey! No I haven't gotten a chance yet! The holidays and personal stuff have been taking my time away. I haven't even riden at all this week :( I'll get it up when I get a little time :(
    Yeah..me too bro..still in holiday mood..just having a tps problem but solved by changing a new tps..now my idle speed is around 1370 rpm..but still using zero map...merry christmas to u bro and all members forum..Screenshot_2015-12-24-20-56-09.jpg

7. #37 Re: Power Commander for 650nk 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bro..i really want to hear again from you..
    Many thanks for what you hv done bro..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234