Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Greetings!

I've bought a second hand bike, quickly started to love it, but:

Well, analog speedo works, aswell as digital fuel gauge, and all the lights, but the analog rev counter lies on 0. period.

-Do you have any idea how can I fix it?

and a second question:
    -do the RSR have some kind of nighttime clock lights? I've done some nighttime riding today, but both my speedo and my rev counter gauge was pitch black :D if we don't count the fuel gauge's lights. So I can't see my speed at night. Dim light, night light, and full beam works like a charm, aswell as backlights, and transmission gear light.

though I had a weird little show on this morning with the direction/index lights:

I just tested all the lights, when realised, that the index lights prone to blink slower, or faster- and sometimes stopped alltogether. Then it went all dead, without even the characteristic index ticking. so, index switch was dead in both directions for minutes.

Then, after some time, it started to work again, like a charm- right after I was testing the starter, choke, engine.

Now it seems to work fine. I don't think it was the battery, as all other lights worked strong, switching them off, or on doesn't changed the dead indexes... But -now- they are okay.... O_o
    Also, te siwtch itself is hard, dynamic, not even the paint was faded-like a new- so I' dont think that was the cause

I have this bike since 2 days, (made in 2009, around 6-7000 miles it went) and preparing it for an MOT test to get it back on the road. I wouldnt like if they just can't switch on the indexes XD and deem it as unusable

Can you help me with these two questions, and if you have a thought about the indexes, that would be great aswell!

2. #2 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    Qingqi called that model as [国骏] / QM200-2D | QM125-2D ...
    Parts:
    http://atv52.ru/upload/4fa2606840d32.pdf
    http://startright.co.uk/manuals/sinnis/apacheengine.pdf

Proof the electrics by test light | multimeter. lights strong or not don't tells the truth...
    Basics: http://www.dansmc.com/mc_repaircourse.htm
    Factory shop manual (for the bigger bro "200") http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjqfYlZ | Suzi 125 manual (Spanish. Most useful part is engine datas ONLY. Exact procedures can find via 200 shop manual... ) http://www.4shared.com/office/Y8LWA4la/
    ---
    Rev :
    Checks ALL related parts... (From parts manual, u know that they're NOT mechanic type ie. electronic type that reads signal from engine. w/o higher electronic knowledge = can check loosen /broken wire ONLY ) | Worst case u need a new instrument http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6140232426
    Clock light:
    Lossen wiring OR blown bulb (v-shaped single LED is suitable in there http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201360090393 . NOT too bright & the light angle is OK )
    --
    Indexes are related to s/w, wiring & flasher (that 2 leg thingy). If s/w & wiring OK, flasher is 100% F***ed (under 20p in it's motherland ... http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=38700497132)
    Last edited by humanbeing; 11-06-2015 at 10:10 AM.

3. #3 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    Unfortunately those manuals are not for your model.
    I am wondering if your electrical issues are all related, or maybe they are separate issues.
    The tach is electrical, it’s getting its signal off the stator, which sends it to the rectifier, then to the tach. It may have an inline fuse?
    The blinkers, same thing except they just get a steady stream of 12v off the rectifier, were as the tach gets pulses, so they are both connected but differently to the rectifier.
    I am not sure but if you see variability in the blinkers then is it the rectifier that is doing that, or is the flasher relay sticking. I do not think it’s the relay.
    Since you have more than one electrical issue it makes me think they are related, but they may not be.
    It be helpful if you had a manual for your model, they share allot with the GY, however the gauges and related wiring are different.

4. #4 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes, for the clock lights, it was the bulbs. With the help of some WD-40, I was able to take out all 34242 bolts and screws, and found out that only the indicator notifier bulb was intact, left and right clock lights (same bulbs) was blown. Aswell as the much smaller light beam indicator bulb. So all these three were blown. I took out the indicator notifier, and pushed it into the speedometer's night light slot, and voila, light shows, when beam is switched on.

Makes me wonder why these three were blown years ago, and why the indicator notifier won't... sits on the same wires.

As for the indicators: I took out the battery, and the two-legged black cube that was attached to the side of the battery- I think that makes the indicator tack noise. the text on it's side is:

SC-2A

dc12.8V 85c/min 10w x 2+2W

Cleaned all wires a bit, but nothing more I could do, nor I found any other parts that might be a part of the indicator process. might be under the tank, if any exists, which still part of the indicators.

putted it all back, the indicator rhytm is Still a bit random. Sometimes slows down dangerously.

AS for the rev counter, I don't have any idea... Circuits on it looks O.K., no black or bumpy transistors, and the fuel meter works ok. Needle wasn't stuck, by hand it rotates as lightly as the speedo's.

P.S.: (I just hope that the speedo cable I unscrewed from the speedo's back goes back and going to work as before....)

I think I buy some bulbs, hope a normal car/bike shop sells them, and the smaller beam indicator type bulb aswell..

5. #5 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    Did u check the continuity of sensor wire?
    It needs [trigger (+) OR ign coil input (+)] as #1 http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20610624652

6. #6 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bought some nice bulbs- 5w gauge lights instead of 2w also, but finally I installed the 2 w ones. Full beam signal lamp aswell.

I managed to weaken the battery- starter motor does not moves anymore, and headlamp lights became really weak... XD

So I have to wait until the 10th, when my new battery and battery charger gets here.

Previous owner gave 4 led direction indicators for it, (curiously enough: white ones O_o I'm not sure they are legal isntead of orange) and they came with a pulse relay specifically for leds. Well, I tried that with my normal, classic direction indicator bulbs, and VOILA, no index ticking sound anymore, but strong, exactly right speed, and continuous indexing in all driections...

I never thought it going to work with normal bulbs. It works like a charm, just no ticking sound anymore :D well, my dashboard indicator notifier shows me if I index anyway.

I have to follow the wires from the rev counter, thought it's going to be hard, as they are all join into a large rubber hose.... And I don't know wich one leaves where.

7. #7 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ANother alarming discovery (maybe not important) is that the chain's upper side, near the engine, are lying on a piece of long rubber carpet on top of the rear wheel's left side holder. I was thinking it's might lift up if I sit on the bike and my weight pushes down the bike, but it ain't.

So it seems that the chain is running right from the engine's cogwheel to on top of that rubber carpet... On high speed that would really slows down the bike, and also kind of burns, not?

Please, help me with this

8. #8 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    Quote Originally Posted by Packleader View Post
    I managed to weaken the battery- starter motor does not moves anymore, and headlamp lights became really weak...
    came with a pulse relay specifically for leds. Well, I tried that with my normal, classic direction indicator bulbs, and VOILA, no index ticking sound anymore, but strong, exactly right speed, and continuous indexing in all driections...

I never thought it going to work with normal bulbs. It works like a charm, just no ticking sound anymore ...
    That stock battery are famous for short life. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=9238
    Bump / push start skill & the gadget is a MUST owning these bike...
    ===
    Ticking sound : Stock flasher had "buzzer" built-in (i'm "more feature, higher failure" believer... )
    Most aftermarket LED flasher are "universal" design...

9. #9 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks! I'm planning to order a Yuasa YB9-B YB9B battery for it! And a Lextek Motorcycle 12v Battery Optimiser Charger.
    I hope theye are ok. What do you think about them?

Now my main concern is that thick rubber carpet on top of he rear wheel's holding bar, where my chain lies peacefully on top.... :( managed to shoot some pictures:

IMG_20151107_213208_682.jpgIMG_20151107_213813_678.jpgIMG_20151107_213835_272.jpg

There's not millimeter space, it lies on top of it at least 12 cm long. WHen I was riding out for 5-6 minutes, the bike felt ok, speeded up to 20 mph, but when I went home, there was a very slight burnt plastic smell. Maybe this was the cause. Is this normal, that the chain lies on top of that rubber?

P.S.:

Also, I tried to follow the tachometer wires, but without removing the tank it's not really possible XD
    So I went on to examine around the engine. But so much wires goes in, and I also do not want to open the gearbox or any part like that XD just to make sure every wire is connected, that I'm lost in this quest to fint the cause of the dead rev meter. the gauge's circuit seems O.K. after a second blink, especially that fuel meter works alright.

10. #10 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That concludes that I am a total noob in this topic... Since then I identified the chain lead guard/rubber... XD

But forget the fact that all noobs should be killed for a second, and please help me out, is this normal, that the chain sits tight on top of it in every situation?
    Or should it be slightly over it instead, just touching it accidentally sometimes?

Please help me out

Sincerelly,

Daniel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast