Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    It's just like push bike. Wears = longer chain, adjust it (ref to "200" shop manual above/ vdo in youtube/ pals that knows bike...).
    If wears too much ie. adjustment don't work anymore, u need a new chain (& sprocket. Ref to picture in shop manual for what's a "healthy" look...)

2. #12 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    No, the chain should not be tight. It stretches if it is tight and it can eventually ruin some components on the engine.

3. #13 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The lower part of the chain, that hangs, have a 2 - 2.5 cm play to it up and down, and I can fairly easily lift up the upper part of the chain (what sits on the rubber) for at least 1 cm. So as far as I can tell, it's not too tight-if I get it tighter, that's not going to lift up the upper part from the rubber, as I see the angles- and getting it more slacker also can't lift it up.

So it's not normal, that the upper part of the chain is resting/lying right on the rubber? There should be some space between the rubber guard, and the chain, or it is ok, that it's lying on it like that? with my finger I can lift it of course, doesn't seem too tight, neither too loose

4. #14 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    http://s15.postimg.org/yl0rw17c9/Imdge2.gif

The chain freeplay w/o LOAD (find a pal similar to ur bodyweight sit on it...) is meaning less.

5. #15 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yep, I checked the chain slackness without load only. I ask my girlfriend to sit XD and do a recheck, only 10 kg difference.. lol

But: I checked the chain sitting on the rubber WITH load: I can easily reach the top of the chain while im sitting on the bike, and the bike is balanced, yet still 90% of my weight is on the saddle as I only need to lean very slightly, (not the bike, the bike is absolutely straight up) and as i felt, the chain still sits on top of the rubber guard slide, not lifting up at all. I wrote this before/ so is it a problem if the chain sits on the rubber all the time? or it!s normal?

6. #16 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    As the chain flexes and bounces it hit that rubber, if it is not worn away, like a rut in it or groove in it why worry, it’s intended to prevent the chain from hitting against the metal.
    I have a Qingqi it has rubber there, it’s a QM200GY-B(BSD) I replaced it when I replaced the chain. It to me is a wear part, replace it if it gets worn out.

7. #17 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I see, I had the same idea, that the rubber is there to keep the chain away from the metal. BUT: mine does not touch it occasionally, it's sits on top of it all the time, as -lying on it- , even when my weight is on the bike- the chain -never- lifts up, never leaves the rubber. Stays on it all the time. Is that normal?

8. #18 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi, just jumped back before the MOT:

What fuel I should use? I mean, unleaded petrol, yes- but what octane? As far as I read, there's no point to really raise octane level, but what is that is generally "better", and still not wasting money? Is a 91 octane is good? All seems to avoid 87, or anything less than 91. Or shoudl I use 95?

Can you help me with this? :D have to refuel before the MOT at the morning

9. #19 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    ANY petrol better than chinese http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Shitty-petrol are OK.
    The most available was 93RON, changed as 92RON http://en.people.cn/90882/7673481.html nowadays
    http://www.petrolprices.com/about-fuel.html
    U don't have much choice in UK. ALL "Ordinary" unleaded is 95 RON https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane...mber_.28RON.29
    87/89/91 is "AKI" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane...28R.2BM.29.2F2
    Last edited by humanbeing; 11-13-2015 at 03:32 AM.

10. #20 Re: Superbyke RSR / Sinnis Stealth rev counter is dead / no nightlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you very much! :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast