Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: Italian Motorcycle Show EICMA 
    Quote Originally Posted by beniamin82 View Post
    Qj use the Benelli name on the rkv/rks models. I think it was something like Italian Design of Benelli :-)
    Those mostly resulted as being branded as Keeway or QJ, but in some markets as Benelli.

2. #62 Re: Italian Motorcycle Show EICMA 
    They really do need to invest direclty in distribtuion.
    Last edited by MJH; 12-05-2015 at 12:26 PM.

3. #63 Re: Italian Motorcycle Show EICMA 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Well MJH, if I lived outside of the Middle Kingdom Id probably wouldnt consider the Benelli either although I think It has the best looking "modern" scrambler. I say modern because, to me, it resembles more the new Ducaties or Yamaha XSR700 than the Triumphs or Moto Guzzi V7 (which I love btw). The bike has a potential and no competition here. the same goes for TRK500. There is always Shineray with its 400cc bikes but Im not sure if they are the competition ;)

Benelli has a good position and reputation on Chinese market. I recon better then CFmoto but I cant be entirely sure. My opinion is based on my observation and I can see Benellies everywhere (there are 2 in my apartment building) and Ive seen NK650 only twice and it was the same bike hah. Maybe its because QJ has a factory less than an hour away from my place so they are more popular locally, but I just say what I see

4. #64 Re: Italian Motorcycle Show EICMA 
    I think they have their product mix correct now, the line could be brought to the US market, it would have to come professionally managed and the target dealerships should be Ducati, BMW and Triumph. They have to be willing to operate in a deficit for a while, they have to set up a network of dealers.
    I would suggest all the dealers be approached with a big tractor trailer covered in Benelli trademarks and filled with all the models for them to test ride. Then show them all a video presentation of the North American headquarters and distribution center.
    They should not allow a third party to sell them in the US, they need a self-owned division. They need to hire talented people to manage that. They have to have technical training, parts management etc.
    If I could get a Leoncino here, I would consider it, it’s exactly what I desire.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567