Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    Quote Originally Posted by galenernest View Post
    Well, lots of advice against putting in a kickstand switch.... really making me reconsider that one, now. I'll ride it around for a while and let time make its judgement, then. Maybe after leaving the kickstand down once or twice by accident I'll have a different opinion.
    Wait, wait...

If you are absentminded, you can connect this switch to some loud and annoying buzzer. When you sit on a bike and turn key on, you will know is your kickstand lowered or not. But, at the same time, if for some reason this switch breaks, you'll be able to start the engine and get back home.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #12 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    First time ever I see someone wanting the kickstand switch. Kickstand switch is something what should be killed and burned with fire! Several times actually so that it is certain it died!

With enduros I might sit on the saddle, the bike on side stand. Then I begin to kick fire to the engine, again, the bike standing on the side stand. Could not do that with the freaking kickstand switch

3. #13 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    Thanks for the input, guys... well, I didn't know my photobucket account was viewable to everyone, but it doesn't matter to me anyway... nothing incriminating on there! I'm trying to source another tire now because I realized that the Pirelli Sport Demons are bias ply and my bike's stock tires are radial, so I want to keep with radial tires. If anyone has a suggestion for an easily sourced in China name brand sport tire, let me know! I'll give the CST's a fair shake, but I will say that after commuting for a week on wet, cold roads, they are certainly not confidence-inspiring. Beijing is usually very dry, but it's also very cold in the winter and I want a tire more reminiscent of the Dunlop Q2/Q3 that could heat up quickly and had great cold, dry weather performance (the Q2's weren't as great in the rain, but again I live in Beijing and rain is pretty rare).

Cheers!

4. #14 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    One more thing: in case anyone is wondering if the front tire is indeed mounted backwards: it's not. (someone mentioned this earlier in the thread and I had to go double check because I got tricked by this issue yet again... I've been confused by this more than once). The short of it is that the front tire needs to displace water while braking, so its treads are oriented to force water out under that direction of force... the rear tire needs to displace water while accelerating, and so the front and rear tire tread usually appear to be facing in opposite directions. Hope that helps future readers!

5. #15 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    C-Moto Regular
    \Don't be to quick to dismiss the CST's , I did 14000km before I replaced mine with Bridgestone Battax's , they did a good job thru the winter here and are in the shed for a rainy day as they are only 1/2 worn .
    Nice looking bike by the way.
    Brian

6. #16 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I second the Bridgestone Battlax's... I run them on 4 of my bikes here in PRC. The only bike not running them in my rides here is my Beemer GS which I have shoehorned on a pair of Karoo 3's for the 50/50 needed in the dirt.

On another note in regards to the kickstand killswitch... to clarify - when you turn the ignition switch on and start the engine with the bike parked on the side stand, that it starts without issue... correct so far? What happens though with engine the idling and you pull the clutch lever in and click the bike into gear with the side stand down... engine cutout/off? I ask as I have several bikes that allow the bike to be started in neutral with the side stand down, but the moment the clutch lever is pulled and a gear is selected - the engine cuts out. Try it if you haven't already...
    Other bikes may not allow the bikes engine to be started with the side stand in the deployed/down position, or engaging brakes etc.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #17 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    I second the Bridgestone Battlax's... I run them on 4 of my bikes here in PRC. The only bike not running them in my rides here is my Beemer GS which I have shoehorned on a pair of Karoo 3's for the 50/50 needed in the dirt.

On another note in regards to the kickstand killswitch... to clarify - when you turn the ignition switch on and start the engine with the bike parked on the side stand, that it starts without issue... correct so far? What happens though with engine the idling and you pull the clutch lever in and click the bike into gear with the side stand down... engine cutout/off? I ask as I have several bikes that allow the bike to be started in neutral with the side stand down, but the moment the clutch lever is pulled and a gear is selected - the engine cuts out. Try it if you haven't already...
    Other bikes may not allow the bikes engine to be started with the side stand in the deployed/down position, or engaging brakes etc.
    I'll check out the Bridgestones!

To be clear: there is no switch at all on the kickstand mechanism. I can take off down the road with the kickstand down. All other Hondas I've owned were just like you described: kickstand down, bike in gear, clutch pulled in and the bike would start and run. As soon as you let out on the clutch, engine dies. The CBF190R doesn't have a safety switch on the kickstand at all, period. It will literally allow me to drive down the road with the kickstand down if I want to (or if I forget to put it up).

8. #18 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    I had test ride the honda, the brake and tyre are good enough. I order a set of the CST for my Benelli 250 which tyre is below average.
    同志仍需努力

9. #19 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    Hey Galenernest!
    I have some questions about the CB190r.

How is the performance now that you had it a little while?

How do you think it handles hills?

Do you think it is powerful enough to pull a 200+ pound man with out issues?

How do you feel about traveling from city to city here in China on it?

What is its top cruising speed based on your exp?

Any idea what its max speed is?

How is its handling?

What is like to get through heavy traffic?

What is the off the line acceleration like?

How comfortable is the seat and how do you think it would be after a long ride?

If you could go back would you buy it again or try something else?

What would you guess the max kilometers on one tank is?

I realize a lot of this will be your opinion. It is bloody hard to find user reviews on this model that is in a language I understand. I am looking for a commuter that I can take on short trips here and there. I look forward to your thoughts. I tried messaging you but you must have your messages from strangers turned off because they wont send on my end.
    Last edited by Asymptomatic; 02-02-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Model number wrong

10. #20 Re: Honda CBF190R - Brought it home! (PIC HEAVY) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    Hey Galenernest!
    I have some questions about the CB190r.

How do you feel about traveling from city to city here in China on it?

What is its top cruising speed based on your exp?

Any idea what its max speed is?

How is its handling?

What is like to get through heavy traffic?

What is the off the line acceleration like?

How comfortable is the seat and how do you think it would be after a long ride?

If you could go back would you buy it again or try something else?

What would you guess the max kilometers on one tank is?

I realize a lot of this will be your opinion. It is bloody hard to find user reviews on this model that is in a language I understand. I am looking for a commuter that I can take on short trips here and there. I look forward to your thoughts. I tried messaging you but you must have your messages from strangers turned off because they wont send on my end.
    I've owned the CBF150 and ridden many Honda singles from 125cc to 250cc, so I'm pretty qualified to answer this question, but be aware there is some margin of error as I have not ridden this exact bike.

Light and responsive at lower speeds, a bit gutless over 70kmh

It doesn't do too badly, smooth and fun, and not scary on poor road surfaces.

Yes, certainly it can, but will weeze up the steeper higher ones somewhat. It won't die, but or overheat but will get a bit pedestrian and a bit bogged down, especially with kit.

How do you feel about traveling from city to city here in China on it? It will make the trip fine, nicely made and reliable, will sit on 100kmh no concerns.

What is its top cruising speed based on your exp? 100kmh

Any idea what its max speed is? 125kmh, maybe a bit more

How is its handling? Excellent, it's 150 kg wet, you can learn to knee down in a small car-park!

What is like to get through heavy traffic? Light bike, easy riding position with smooth brakes, throttle and clutch, slices through, only a scooter is better for city riding.

What is the off the line acceleration like? Excellent, it's the higher speeds where it runs out of power. You'll beat all the cars till you get to 70kmh.

How comfortable is the seat and how do you think it would be after a long ride? Not bad, but it's not a touring bike, great compared to any other bike in it's class. Honda make arguably the most comfortable seat in motorcycling, on he Goldwing.

If you could go back would you buy it again or try something else? Depends, if you want a reliable bike that has great resale and is a joy to own, if a little gutless at higher speeds, but you don't care as keeping safe is important to you, ideal.

What would you guess the max kilometers on one tank is? 250km

This is best guess, anyone that has direct knowledge of the bike, please feel free to contradict me.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 02-23-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast