Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New here and need help! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello, just joined and needing some help.
    I'm trying to buy a set of these fairings/body work for the singing sst50 scooter. Any links to websites the sells the complete set will be highly appreciated!

Now to introduce myself, I been racing and building what's known as China mids or as xbikes for years. I've done numerous mods to these bikes to make them track competitive.
    I took on this task mainly because a lot of other racers use to bash these bikes and say they will never be competitive. The people or shall I say racers at the time. Raced euro pocketbikes ,ysr's and the likes.
    Needles to say they were proven wrong and it was a lot of fun doing so.
    I race these bikes on kart tracks when ever time and money allows me to. Also have a couple of parking lots I can always go practicing and develops setups for the bikes.
    I won the USMGP back in 2009 on one of my bikes in 2 classes.
    So here's what I'm trying to do. I'm working on another trackbike build. I need the fairings/ complete body kit from the dongfang sst50 scooter.

2. #2 Re: New here and need help! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Here's a few pics of my race bikes. The ones with the fairings on are completed. Some features are rear linkage suspension,custom fully adjustable front suspension,dual disc brakes. The bikes without fairings are the ones I'm still working on.
    Attached Images

3. #3 Re: New here and need help! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    A few more.
    Attached Images

4. #4 Re: New here and need help! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Motors in the bikes range from 49cc,110cc, watercooled 131cc 150cc and modified 165cc. Only the 49cc is a 2stroker.
    Attached Images

5. #5 Re: New here and need help! 
    Welcome to here! You might be in luck because Taotao USA started showing these on their site. I don't think they have them in the US yet, but they could/should be a source for you...

http://www.taotao.us/index.cfm/elect...icles/racer50/

6. #6 Re: New here and need help! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Welcome to here! You might be in luck because Taotao USA started showing these on their site. I don't think they have them in the US yet, but they could/should be a source for you...

http://www.taotao.us/index.cfm/elect...icles/racer50/
    Thank you very much... I was starting to lose hope. I will give them a try...

7. #7 Re: New here and need help! 
    Are these custom frames? What do you use from the stock bikes, besides engines?

8. #8 Re: New here and need help! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Are these custom frames? What do you use from the stock bikes, besides engines?
    They are all stock chassis just a couple different bikes. I like to use whatever I can from the stock bikes. I keeps the cost down ,I even modify the stock forks. Making them fully adjustable which works out pretty good.

9. #9 Re: New here and need help! 
    I should have mentioned--join us at www.chinariders.net as well. Many more US and Canadian based members who share in the same types of Chinese bikes vs. this site which is far more international in scope. This site is great, but since many of the bikes are regional, most members will have no idea where to help you find parts, other than Tao Bao. That site is all in Chinese, but members here and on chinariders have figured out how to order parts. If you check out chinariders, there is a thread telling you how to find specific parts via tao bao, and several members have successfully navigated and bought many parts there, too.

10. #10 Re: New here and need help! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I should have mentioned--join us at www.chinariders.net as well. Many more US and Canadian based members who share in the same types of Chinese bikes vs. this site which is far more international in scope. This site is great, but since many of the bikes are regional, most members will have no idea where to help you find parts, other than Tao Bao. That site is all in Chinese, but members here and on chinariders have figured out how to order parts. If you check out chinariders, there is a thread telling you how to find specific parts via tao bao, and several members have successfully navigated and bought many parts there, too.
    Many thanks to you, I will join also . I greatly appreciate the help!