Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Were going to ride the rice bowl 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    As winter encroaches, I have begun plotting my next adventure through China. And I want all the input I can get. I asked before my last trip and received a small amount of help. I blame the lack of assistance upon the choice of route. Nobody lives inland. This time, I am escaping the cold a little and heading down south for the winter.

The general plan:
    Jan 15th ish to Feb 15 ish, the dates are as flexible as the traffic laws.

The bike is being shipped to Hangzhou, we are taking the grand canal boat from Suzhou to Hangzhou and following the coast south...kinda. We won't be going into Yunnan. That gem is being saved for the last segment of the trilogy. We want to head north to Chongqing. Where ever we are, come time to go home, we go home. The bike gets shipped back to yantai and we head home on the train. Good riddance.

Now, almost everyone but us few Shandongers live in the area I am planning on going to. I am asking you as fellow bikers to show me your hometowns, as insane or mild as that my be. Are there secrets? Can you give me a tip. I also enjoy beer and baijiu.

I am not asking for a couch and a shower, but I will not decline one. My wife however requires certain luxuries from time to time and these may not be withheld!

So, help me plan a trip. Join me on my trip. Tell me not to go on my trip (everyone else does). Tell me how awesome it will be to describe these exotic and exquisite miseries to you when I get back.

Please do not, remind me that I haven't finished my last ride report. I have enough laobans asking me to satisfy their hysterical whims at no cost to them. Also, please do not remain silent.
    Last edited by cryptographicide; 11-25-2015 at 01:00 AM.
    1995 Suzuki Intruder (2005-Present){Canada}
    2003 Daelim Daystar (2011-2012){S. Korea}
    2014 Jialing 200 GY5A (2015-Present) {China}