Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, first of all sorry if this is posted in the wrong area I wasn't sure where to post it.

I've been having a lot of problems with my pulse adrenaline over the past two weeks. It was running fine and then I didn't start it for a week as I was out of town and since then I've been having throttle/carb/fuel problems.

Basically if the bike is left to stand it will start up and run fine until (I presume) the fuel is used up in the carb and then the bike will die as soon as you let the revs go down. I'm also having a problem where the bike will cut out when you apply throttle which I have on video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEKPHpmdX8

I've took the carb apart and there wasn't any gunk in it and the jets weren't blocked. The float seems to be ok so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks,

Joshua.

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Also the only time it's ran decently in the past two weeks was when the fuel was set to reserve. My fuel was low so I put it on reserve and it worked like a charm on the way to the petrol station. I filled it up with fuel and put the fuel back onto full and then it started playing up again, I could only stay in 1st gear at low revs and it was stuttering along.

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Tried working on it today. The bike won't rev past a certain RPM (I'm not sure what RPM as my rev counter isn't working atm). If the idle is high the bike won't rev it will just cut out, if the idle is low it will only rev up to a certain RPM and cut out. Really winding me up now tbh.

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    You could pull the petcock and see if it is clogged, seems if it runs well on reserve and not when off reserve it could be debris in the petcock or the line off it. The petcock has two tubes that stick up into the fuel tank one is taller than the other is lower, the lower is the reserve line. When the petcock is on and not on the reserve the tube that is tallest takes in the fuel, when the fuel line is below the tallest tube the bike stumbles and stalls out, then switching to reserve it then has a tube that is still under the fuel level. If it actual runs well on the reserve then it seem that the normal fuel setting line is clogged.

5. #5 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the reply, I emptied the carb today and put it back on reserve but now I can't even rev it properly without it cutting out.

6. #6 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    Also make sure you did not get confused on the settings of the petcock, that one has an arrow on it, the actual arm is not what is used it’s the opposite end that needs to point in the direction.

7. #7 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yeah I looked at the manual and it mentioned that, it's in the correct position.

8. #8 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 (2013) throttle problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Well it seems my dad has fixed it. The previous owner used instant gasket on the carb which has crumbled and come off. My dad applied some fresh instant gasket to the carb and it's running smoothly.

Fingers crossed that was the problem :)