Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 650nutkase's CF Moto 650nk 1000 mile review! 
    So my bike turned 1000 miles this weekend and I wanted to recap my experience. This has been a fantastic bike thus far and would highly recommend it for anyone, new or experienced. I've had it for about 2 months and have had absolutely ZERO issues with it. I was a little apprehensive about buying the bike at first since it was Chinese made and I have the only dealer here in 150 miles. I had the first service done at about 500 miles as per my dealer recommendation. Actually, I think they said 600, but I was too excited, so I got it done! They went ahead and changed the oil and filter, checked all fluids, aired up tires, checked chain tension, cleaned and lubed chain, tightened all fasteners, as well as wash it. The mechanic did tell me that the oil was a little low when drained, so this may have been a miss from the factory. Other than this, everything else checked out 100%. Used OEM CF Moto oil filter and Bike Master conventional 10w-40 when refilled. No issues at all.

At around 800 miles, I went ahead and decided I was going to get a pipe for it. The stock exhaust did louden up a bit as it broke in, but I wanted a little more growl. After much debate, I pulled the trigger on a Competition Werks slipon for a ER6n. It fit perfectly with no modification needed. I then dynoed the bike to make sure that a slip on did not lean it out too much. The afr's are a little lean, but absolutely nothing to lose sleep over. Over the last 200 miles, the bike has started to sound a little different. I attribute this to the new pipe breaking in and possibly the computer learning the new flow of the bike. It sounds a little deeper and pops a little less.

I ordered a powercommander (12-008) to tune it next week. Went with this model as per DynoJet's recommendation. I can't wait until I have an optimal tune!

So to summarize...
    The Good-
    Great price
    looks
    power (US model)
    2 year warranty
    value
    fuel economy
    tires are nice and grippy
    the girlfriend and I ride 2 up and she has enough room
    comfortable for longer rides
    seat height for me is perfect (I'm 5'7")
    I've gotten a top speed of 139 mph with no tune and slipon
    in my town the dealer is fantastic!

The Bad-
    Suspension is a little bouncy, but has started to break in and stabilize/smooth out
    oil was a little low from the factory
    parts availability right now in the US
    it's Chinese...I don't care, but some do

that's it...it has been a fantastic 1000 miles!!! I LOVE my bike and would recommend it to anyone! Great job CF MOTO, you nailed mine!!
    12308227_10156306642740436_7292179489613847712_n.jpg
    Last edited by 650NutKase; 12-07-2015 at 06:12 PM.
    2014 CF Moto 650nk