Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    Just so everyone knows how cheap it reallyyyyyyyyyyy is to ship a moto... I drove down to the shop where i bought my moto in Taizhou. He put it in a factory wooden box, has a cardboard cover, put it on his small truck and took it to the shipper. Taizhou to Guilin in 5 days.....250 RMB..... i have the receipt from the shipper.

2. #32 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    OMG. I just paid 1000 yuan for the train to ship my bike from Yantai to Hangzhou(ish). I think what you're talking about is mostly luck. It doesn't even make sense. I vote not possible. I believe you. But I do not believe I could make it happen.
    1995 Suzuki Intruder (2005-Present){Canada}
    2003 Daelim Daystar (2011-2012){S. Korea}
    2014 Jialing 200 GY5A (2015-Present) {China}

3. #33 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptographicide View Post
    OMG. I just paid 1000 yuan for the train to ship my bike from Yantai to Hangzhou(ish). I think what you're talking about is mostly luck. It doesn't even make sense. I vote not possible. I believe you. But I do not believe I could make it happen.

Ask the shop where u bought it. My shop laoban could have added money to it but he didnt. He gave me.a.copy of the.receipt. He also gave me a ride to the.train station 40 minutes away. I developed guanxi with him on we chat.... But in the end that is what the shipping co charges

4. #34 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    when will you be in the hangzhou area? I remember you plan to take your wife and go on a long ride.

5. #35 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    Just so everyone knows how cheap it reallyyyyyyyyyyy is to ship a moto... I drove down to the shop where i bought my moto in Taizhou. He put it in a factory wooden box, has a cardboard cover, put it on his small truck and took it to the shipper. Taizhou to Guilin in 5 days.....250 RMB..... i have the receipt from the shipper.
    Fantastic.

More detail and specifics would be useful e.g. type and weight of the bike shipped, insurance, the shop in question and more specifically- the shipper/ transport company details.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    We will be there tomorrow. The bike should arrive in deqing on wednesday. We will see suzhou tomorrow and hangzhou on wednesday. Then, head to deqing and pick up the bike.
    1995 Suzuki Intruder (2005-Present){Canada}
    2003 Daelim Daystar (2011-2012){S. Korea}
    2014 Jialing 200 GY5A (2015-Present) {China}

7. #37 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Fantastic.

More detail and specifics would be useful e.g. type and weight of the bike shipped, insurance, the shop in question and more specifically- the shipper/ transport company details.

The bike is my 'avatar' 150cc but heavy with four value engine instead of the two valve type. it had several locks and tools inside the seat well. its Kymco Racing, was 20,000 about, I paid 17,800. its build date was one month before i bought it.
    Laoban helped me get plates.

Sinchang Taizhou Chun Logistics Ltd.

Moto shop: Family' moto they are on taobao and they have CFmotoTR650 in show room
    Kymco 300 scoot Aprilla motorcycles and scooters he is located in Luqiao area of Taizhou.

Taizhou is know for plastics etc...

https://tzdlmoto.world.taobao.com/se...hPrice=1000000

8. #38 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    We will be there tomorrow. The bike should arrive in deqing on wednesday. We will see suzhou tomorrow and hangzhou on wednesday. Then, head to deqing and pick up the bike.
    be ready for a 'cold snap' so bring everything, like double the pants with warm inside and rain gear out... but it doesnt predict rain so that is goooooooooood!

i just booked a flight out of hangzhou to Guilin for sunday night, as my moto arrived in two days.. the truck must have been ready to go when my bike arrived. I fear spring festival coming and accessing my bike...its crazy as Chun Jie doesnt start until Feb 7 but people all ready taking time off and raising prices.

9. #39 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Where in Taizhou did you buy your bike?

Edit:
    I just saw their site, ignore my question ;)

10. #40 Re: Ningbo Zhejiang to Chiang Rai Thailand January 2015 to March 2015 - return 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Where in Taizhou did you buy your bike?

Edit:
    I just saw their site, ignore my question ;)
    I arrived in guilin on the 24th just in time to get moto the next day from shipping company as that was last day for pick up because of spring festival closure.
    Glad as can be I didnt try to drive it with RECORD cold temperatures across the country.
    My ebike also arrived in one piece with no box but very dusty different shipping company

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234