Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Modifying the exhaust on my Regal Raptor DD350E-6c 
    C-Moto Noob
    Afternoon ladies and gents, first time post here.

I've been riding this bike in China for the past three years or so, and after common sense kicked in and told me getting a bigger bike would be pointless here I've decided I want to run som modifications on the one I have.

Specifically I'd like to mod the exhaust to both make it louder, as a safety precaution, and get a bit more performance out of it, but as someone who's never modded a bike in their life I really have a lot of questions I need answered before I start.

Does anyone have any idea what dimension pipes would be ideal for this bike? I don't want tho lose performance due to the common local mistake of getting something too big and loud.
    What, if anything, do I need to do with the fuel injection system?
    And last, but not least, where in the Chengdu area is a good place to get this done?

Thanks in advance, guys.

2. #2 Re: Modifying the exhaust on my Regal Raptor DD350E-6c 

3. #3 Re: Modifying the exhaust on my Regal Raptor DD350E-6c 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks, humanbeing, I'd seeen that thread, and it does indeed answer one of my questions. The other two, however remain unanswered.

I still want to get the best dimentions for the new pipes, as well as find a reliable place to get the mods done.

4. #4 Re: Modifying the exhaust on my Regal Raptor DD350E-6c 
    Quote Originally Posted by Urglefloggah View Post
    Afternoon ladies and gents, first time post here.

I've been riding this bike in China for the past three years or so, and after common sense kicked in and told me getting a bigger bike would be pointless here I've decided I want to run som modifications on the one I have.

Specifically I'd like to mod the exhaust to both make it louder, as a safety precaution, and get a bit more performance out of it, but as someone who's never modded a bike in their life I really have a lot of questions I need answered before I start.

Does anyone have any idea what dimension pipes would be ideal for this bike? I don't want tho lose performance due to the common local mistake of getting something too big and loud.
    What, if anything, do I need to do with the fuel injection system?
    And last, but not least, where in the Chengdu area is a good place to get this done?

Thanks in advance, guys.
    I've tried all this stuff on other bikes. Basically IMHO unless any modification is well known or specific to a 250-320cc twin or your ECU I would seriously worry that you might not get any more performance gains and more often than not better left alone. Do some research, you might find some concrete information with specific ideas to follow.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

5. #5 Re: Modifying the exhaust on my Regal Raptor DD350E-6c 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hm, yes. While the performance increase might be debatable (or possibly too small to notice) on such a small engine, the safety of having louder pipes is certainly not, and I'd definitely try to avoid losing performance by smacking something too wide on it, so if anyone out there has any idea of dimensions and a place in the Chengdu area that can do this job information would be much appreciated.