Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Greetings from Beijing! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Dear All,

Greetings from Will in Beijing! I was looking for reviews for the CF650s and came across this forum, feeling rather luck:P Here's a little bit about myself.

My motorcycle history started when I was in uni, I did my CBT and fell in love with riding. Soon I bought my first bike: a Gilera SC125
    gilera_sc_125.jpg
    At the time I never thought I'd buy anything bigger, the rev-craving 2-stroke was plenty of fun to ride and I was under 21 so didn't really wanna bother with the full-license.

In 3 months time I turned 21 and started to feel the urge to have more power and less smoke coming from my arse (SC125 had an underseat exhaust), I went to get my big-bike license and traded the little 2-stroker for an SUZUKI SV650S(which I sorely missed even today).
    fr_13_size880.jpg
    - Last days of my beloved SV.

I did about 8000 miles on the SV during my last year and half in the UK, including countless trips to the Cheddar Gorge, Bath and Weston, a low-side at 60mph(stupid attempt to get my slider marked), a 2-week trip along the coastline of England and Scotland(after I put the bike back together in the shed with parts from eBay), and so on... Eventually I had to part with it when I came back to China in 2010.
    fr_21_size880.jpg
    - At John O'Groats with my mate.

After I came back I wanted to get a bike here but the lack of Chinese D/E(bike) license and legal big bike stopped me from doing so. I relocated to Beijing last year and finally sorted out my D license(had to go to a driving school as they refuse to exchange my British bike license). Now I'm looking at buying a CF650NK or TR to restart my biking.

I saw quite a few members have or had CF650s so I'd appreciate any wisdom you could share and look forward to making my own contribution to the forum. Anyone in Beijing please also give me a holler, I work near CBD and live on Chao Yang Road.

As always, shiny side up, rubber side down!

Cheers,

Will
    Attached Images