Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can get you my Benelli 600 fully legal until 10/2017 with Beijing B plate as of June.... If you can wait!
    But it is a bike which is in a good condition.... Loud for attention ( Chinese Leo Vince exhaust) and bright ( Chinese xenon lights ) for visibility....
    Bike is foiled in mat grey all over, similar to the engine housing color.....

Mileage is currently around 13k km

Think about it and let me know.... I'm going to use it until I leave in summer...

Condition for China is good! Not much to do at the moment...

Dave
    Mailand or Madrid --> Main thing is Italy
    Bikes: In Germany Ducati Diavel AMG#259; China Benelli 600GS with Loud Pipes, since they save life's....

2. #12 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaveldav View Post
    I can get you my Benelli 600 fully legal until 10/2017 with Beijing B plate as of June.... If you can wait!
    But it is a bike which is in a good condition.... Loud for attention ( Chinese Leo Vince exhaust) and bright ( Chinese xenon lights ) for visibility....
    Bike is foiled in mat grey all over, similar to the engine housing color.....

Mileage is currently around 13k km

Think about it and let me know.... I'm going to use it until I leave in summer...

Condition for China is good! Not much to do at the moment...

Dave
    Im still waiting on a couple documents for my Z-visa just now and then I still need to get my licence swapped over so it will still be a little while before Im actually looking to buy. Your one sounds pretty good. How old is it and what sort of money would you be looking for it?

3. #13 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    I can confirm that Dave's bike is a great one. We ride since two years from time to time together.
    It is in great condition and good for faaaaast round in the BJ mountains :-)
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #14 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    Welcome to the forum, I'm also in Beijing. Give me a shout once you get a bike and we can go ride. I post rides on this forum, but no one seems to show for them (yet).

Cheers!

5. #15 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by galenernest View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I'm also in Beijing. Give me a shout once you get a bike and we can go ride. I post rides on this forum, but no one seems to show for them (yet).

Cheers!
    Definatley! Are there many groups of bikers who go out riding around Beijing? I heard something about a cafe where bikers meet up at outside Beijing but I didn't know if it was real or not.
    Winging it since 1991

6. #16 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by cozmcrae View Post
    Definatley! Are there many groups of bikers who go out riding around Beijing? I heard something about a cafe where bikers meet up at outside Beijing but I didn't know if it was real or not.
    If there are groups, I certainly don't have my thumb on their pulse... haha. I usually end up riding solo, but I found a Canadian guy who likes to ride and we did one ride earlier this winter (I posted the ride here but no one from this site replied). We'll be doing more rides come spring. I know a group of riders (all Chinese) that have a wechat group I'm on... they have asked me to ride with them, but they tend to like larger groups... 20 or 30 bikes at a time (or more), and I prefer small groups... two to four bikes at a time is about perfect.

And that seems to be the thing.. most motorcycle shops organize rides on the weekends, but they seem more geared towards huge groups. I hate riding in huge groups.

7. #17 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    Well yeah I'd be game and I agree 20 or 30 bikes is like a gang rather than a riding group. What bikes do you guys ride?
    Winging it since 1991

8. #18 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    Well yeah I'd be game and I agree 20 or 30 bikes is like a gang rather than a riding group. What bikes do you guys ride?
    I ride a Honda CBF190R. Gordon rides a Yamaha 400 (I think it's an FJ or an FJR, not sure). He left for the winter and will be back sometime in the spring. Not sure if he'll pick up something different then or if he kept his Yamaha. Anyway, small displacement bikes are way more common. My little Honda suits my riding style, though: slow on the straights and ringing its neck in the twisties... :)

Im still waiting on a couple documents for my Z-visa just now and then I still need to get my licence swapped over so it will still be a little while before Im actually looking to buy. Your one sounds pretty good. How old is it and what sort of money would you be looking for it?
    Hi,

I bought it in March 2014, it's production date is 06/2013 which means it is already one which doesn't have the overheating issues as the first Benelli bikes.
    As it has some mods like racing exhaust and xenon lights and the fact that it's fully legal until 10/2017 I will ask on around 29000 RMB. Depending on how much I ride the next month I need to replace tires and do some maintenance like oil, filters and spark plugs. Let's see. Will do everything by myself, no Chinese f*** up.

Let me know when you would be ready and we can have a look.

Cheers
    Dave
    Mailand or Madrid --> Main thing is Italy
    Bikes: In Germany Ducati Diavel AMG#259; China Benelli 600GS with Loud Pipes, since they save life's....

10. #20 Re: Hello from a Scottish guy in Beijing 
    My gut feeling is that I'll be looking for a bike around March/April time and I would have to see what I can actually get for that sort of money. That type of bike on a b-plate is exactly what I'm looking for though.
    Winging it since 1991

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast