Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Yeah, they need Carnet and after some thought I gave it up. Wont go there solely because of Carnet. Its just too much money and if your bike gets stolen you screwed

2. #42 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Hi Modron

Yes I can see that is a big concern not only your 1 bike down the bike but you also down the money you leave as deposit for the Carnet ?
    I hope to stick loads of stickers saying " MADE IN CHINA " hopefully this will put off people with light fingers lol

$(KGrHqJ,!hwFEDVsTqGpBRF6PprFVQ~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16h,!)kE9s4,BuQWBRGp2UQfMg~~60_35.JPG
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #43 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Not entirely sure but prolly that money is gone in case of theft.
    Made in China Yamahe surely is good in comparison to those CCCP bikes there ;)

4. #44 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I decided not to change fork seals before the trip simply cos I dont have the tools and the mechanic I knew and (sort of) trusted is gone as is the Yamaha dealer in my town :/ I will take a set of seals with me though.

I want to change the oil by myself without breaking the suspension down to pieces. Simply take it off the bike, drain, flush, fill and put on again. I was wondering what is the best to clean it inside (without dismantling). I was thinking kerosene or petrol. Google says kerosene is better

Also, stock fork oil is 10w, I want to go with 15w...good idea?

5. #45 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    If people are saying that kerosene is better, then use it.

You'll know is it better to use 15W fork oil over stock 10W only after test your bike fully loaded, with modified rear suspension.

And which type of electrical fuse you have on YBR: those silly glass fuses or common blade fuses?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #46 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    ...says kerosene is better...
    Chinese kero sucks !!! http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post80204
    400 ppm max (Type 1 低硫煤油) | 1000ppm (Type 2 普通煤油 )
    Last edited by humanbeing; 02-25-2016 at 04:17 PM.

7. #47 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Kerosene sucks :/
    Does diesel evaporates as quickly as kerosene? do I need to leave the forks open over night ?

And which type of electrical fuse you have on YBR: those silly glass fuses or common blade fuses?
    Im not sure, next time ill check.

8. #48 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Nothing stops you to do little test with some oil and kerosene-or-diesel, to check who among those two dissolves and rinses better.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #49 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Nothing stops you to do little test with some oil and kerosene-or-diesel, to check who among those two dissolves and rinses better.
    Yeah I will, Im waiting for a nice day so I can get out and do some wrenching

10. #50 Re: Another China to Europe thread. How to prepare old"ish" bike for this trip 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Im still fighting with the ATA carnet for Mongolia, it proved to be very difficult to obtain. Despite the initial info from ATA bureau I can only get it in the town where Ill be crossing the border (unless there is a company which will apply for the ATA for you). So im still fighting with the paper work and I supposed to be leaving in about a month hah ......I still dont have international driving licence............hope this trip will happen tho.

As for the bike, I ordered new, adjustable YSS suspension from Thailand which came through HK. Pricey option but I wanted to have something good at the back. Ill be installing it later this month. Will post some pictures.

Unfortunately couldn't find anyone who could modify my oil cooler pipes to replace the radiator so I decided to install this fan,

I know, I know, its ugly and prolly wont work much but its cheap and maybe it will...so I decided to give it a go. Will install as soon as it arrives. Will report the result haha

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast