Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    yes that is what it is, I have a CB200T and a CL350, they are thick and double plated with Nickel and Chrome.

2. #22 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Damages are not limited, there is no statute of limitations, and they are accumulative. Honda has about 250 open IP violation case claims to date. It is in the reseller’s best interests to have proof of the rights to manufacture. Honda does not publicize such matters they will pursue based on potential recovery. So it is actually in their best interests to wait, more sales more potential recovery.
    It’s not criminal in the USA its Civil Honda sends out letters called a cease and desist, simply stating you are violating our design and stop or we will sue you for the damages.
    So sadly the more you sell the higher you move up on the list for the Honda legal department.
    If Xinyuan bought a license from Honda that should be easy to substantiate, I always assume legitimacy as I am outside of it, if directly involved I would require proof.

3. #23 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    The CB400SS was only ever made in Japan. However it was grey exported worldwide, but never marketed or sold directly by Honda outside Japan. It was sold briefly in China, and it was probably reverse engineered poorly by someone or other. Since Jialing sold the official CG125, CB125 (twin) and CB250 (twin 234cc) engine blueprints to the highest bidder under the table to nasty Chinese copycat companies. I doubt Honda would have allowed any 400 single engines to be made in China. If they had every tom dick and Harry China idiot manufacturer would currently have a 400cc single cylinder in their lineup.

It does matter where a bike is made hugely. If you have three or four identical bikes, a could be YBR125, or CG125 made in China, made in India, Brazil, Thailand, Portugal, Spain or Japan (not saying a CG125 or YBR125 is made in all these countries, but maybe 4 or 5 of them). Those bikes may share the design, but the quality of the parts and assembly will vary and the local and export versions will differ (eg Sari guards in India).
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

4. #24 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Any distributor could get knocked out of the market by losing an IP lawsuit, that is a concern. Then the OEM can come in and pick up the pieces, clean up so to speak. Take over the distributor after it is forced into insolvency. The OEM’s in China are not directly setting up affiliated legal entities in foreign countries and selling what they know violates the designs of others, they are doing it by proxy and in that staying protected as China only claims to inforce IP rights, as in practice they do not.
    Xinuan is actively directly setting up operations in Italy developing altered designs of that model, calling it a 440 and subsequently they removed all the Honda design elements, they replaced them with SWM elements.
    The distributors are nothing more than networks to the consumer, they do not have any factory production, and they can be taken over, simply bought out. They would be easiest to buy if they are under duress, that being fending off a very costly legal battle over IP design rights. The bigger the network the better, the manufactures have to have distribution.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-23-2016 at 07:22 PM.

5. #25 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    The best practice is to have lability insurance, there are policies that are specific for IP and work both ways protecting products and also claims against yours made by others. When purchasing out of China it is really the best practice to cover liability for IP yours and against violations of others. Do not operate on assumptions.

6. #26 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    The bike same style and appearance became quite popular in BJ last year.
    I saw them a lot in the classic setup as well as cafe racer style.
    So there should be plenty of spares in the chinese market.

Also the X5 gets more and more fans here as it a cheaper ADV bike and you find luggage racks, boxes, etc easily in TaoBao.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

7. #27 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I love the concept of this bike! The X5 I mean, Its pure perfect for my needs in China. If there were no quality issues Id have gone for it long ago.

8. #28 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi

As I said before, it doesn't matter to me who built or where my bike, or anything else for that matter, is built so long as it's what I want and is fit for purpose. I have to say the Mash 400, so far, fits that description perfectly. To be fair, I can pretty much say the same for any of the chinese bikes I've owned over the last 10 years or so. No major quality issues and they've pretty much done what they've said on the tin !! Back to the Shineray XY400, I haven't had a single issue yet and I love riding it.

9. #29 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    I haven't had a single issue yet and I love riding it.
    The important word you said was "YET" I hope you can report back in 30.000km time and say STILL NOT had a issue with the bike ? .
    I hope this is the case but I don't very much likely it will .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #30 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Too early to make any claims beyond initial quality, the only other reports we had on Xinyuan production bikes were indifferent some good some bad reports on overall quality. Also the validity of the review comes later and based on perception of members reading the content.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast