HI All

Well, I've owned one of these since July 2015

So, how does the bike perform?? Flawlessly, in a word.

The gear changes are very smooth, the acceleration is perfectly adequate, being a single, like my Enfield, whilst not super fast, you don't really slow down going up hills, either short and sharp, or long and steady !! The speedo appears to be relatively accurate, based on anecdotal evidence, as for example, when I slowed to an indicated 40mph for speed cameras, I kept parity with other vehicles around me doing the same.

So then, how does this compare to my other bikes, or bikes I've owned?? Well, I may possibly just have found my new favourite Chinese bike, finally pushing the Jinlun JL-250 off it's pedestal, no mean feat I tell you !! In many ways, Mash (Shineray) have realised the potential, that Enfield seem to be missing, by having an EFI 'classic' single at or below 400cc, and the difference in tax etc. It looks right, looks nice next to the enfield, and doesn't seem quite as flimsy as the Enfield, certainly gear changes are much smoother !! Obviously, for performance, it can't touch my since departed Honda XVS1300, or even my Triumph America, probably not the Diversion I got rid of either. It is however a pleasure to ride, it's a bit bigger than the 125's I've owned, and although probably not a huge amount quicker, has a much better road presence, and has that grunt that gives you the confidence to go up steep inclines, and not to mention, it has character in spades !!

Now then, interest from other road users and pedestrians. My Jinlun used to get plenty of interest, my Enfield still does, and based on my riding yesterday, so does the Mash, with a combination on thumbs ups !!, and some quizzicle looks, as people try and make out what it is !!

The big question is, would I recommend it, so far yes absolutely. 3000KM and no issues at all so far.

Anyhow, I think that's war and peace ended with !! So, have a look at some photos instead :)

IMG_4772.jpg
MASH_XY-400_ROADSTAR_4.jpg
MASH_XY-400_ROADSTAR_8.jpg

Cheers

Tony