Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well of course I said YET, I can only have said YET, based on my experience with my other chinese bikes, I'm really not envisioning anything untoward. This is in no way my first chinese bike, having owned in the past a Chituma CTM-125, Jinlun JL-250, Lifan LF400, Skyteam V-Raptor (Still going strong, after 5 years permanently stored outside, and being used in the worst the British weather & road salt can throw at it) Lexmoto Arrow 125, the Mash & now also the CF650

Of the above, I experienced no issues that were any worse, or even as bad as issues I'd had with Japanese & British bikes, and those were generally molly coddled. The CTM was stolen, and although I got it back, just didn't have the heart to fix it up, the Jinlun was stolen & burnt out, the Lifan I donated to my stepson, and the Arrow, I foolishly traded for a second hand Diversion. Should the need, or circumstances arise again, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing any of those bike listed. The Chituma/Jinlun and Lifan were all used on my, at the time, daily 80 mile commuter trek to work & back, and at no point did any of them let me down, no matter what the weather was. In fact, I ended up using chinese bikes to protect my more expensive bikes from the elements, the problem, if I had to go and work at one of the other offices 230 or 400 miles away, not ideal for the smaller chinese bikes, or any smaller bikes, and that's where my Honda or Triumph particularly would have to go out in the inclement weather, and both the Honda VTX1300 & the Triumph America were much more badly affected by the road salt than any of my chinese bikes have been.

Trust me, I rely on my bike(s) to get me to and from work, I still have a 60 mile daily round trip, I wouldn't risk a bike I didn't think could manage that, and if I'd had bad experiences in the past with chines bikes, I wouldn't go near them, but that really hasn't been the case at all.

2. #32 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Too early to make any claims beyond initial quality, the only other reports we had on Xinyuan production bikes were indifferent some good some bad reports on overall quality. Also the validity of the review comes later and based on perception of members reading the content.
    +
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #33 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
    Well of course I said YET, I can only have said YET, based on my experience with my other chinese bikes, I'm really not envisioning anything untoward. This is in no way my first chinese bike, having owned in the past a Chituma CTM-125, Jinlun JL-250, Lifan LF400, Skyteam V-Raptor (Still going strong, after 5 years permanently stored outside, and being used in the worst the British weather & road salt can throw at it) Lexmoto Arrow 125, the Mash & now also the CF650

Of the above, I experienced no issues that were any worse, or even as bad as issues I'd had with Japanese & British bikes, and those were generally molly coddled. The CTM was stolen, and although I got it back, just didn't have the heart to fix it up, the Jinlun was stolen & burnt out, the Lifan I donated to my stepson, and the Arrow, I foolishly traded for a second hand Diversion. Should the need, or circumstances arise again, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing any of those bike listed. The Chituma/Jinlun and Lifan were all used on my, at the time, daily 80 mile commuter trek to work & back, and at no point did any of them let me down, no matter what the weather was. In fact, I ended up using chinese bikes to protect my more expensive bikes from the elements, the problem, if I had to go and work at one of the other offices 230 or 400 miles away, not ideal for the smaller chinese bikes, or any smaller bikes, and that's where my Honda or Triumph particularly would have to go out in the inclement weather, and both the Honda VTX1300 & the Triumph America were much more badly affected by the road salt than any of my chinese bikes have been.

Trust me, I rely on my bike(s) to get me to and from work, I still have a 60 mile daily round trip, I wouldn't risk a bike I didn't think could manage that, and if I'd had bad experiences in the past with chines bikes, I wouldn't go near them, but that really hasn't been the case at all.

Sorry with the greatest respect you live in the UK, I like a lot of other members on here who live, smell and fart Chinese bikes all day long we have very different view then you about Chinese bikes, I do have 4 Chinese bikes which are all shit and would at a drop of a hat sell all them to get just 1 NON Chinese made bike, this is based on the fact that "ALL" my Chinese bikes have had issues which I should not have had? with 1 other bike I have a Honda CRF250L plated and left in Thailand and after nearly 30.000 KM in a year of hard road/off-road it has not had 1 issues worth talking about. NUFF SAID.
    Last edited by prince666; 01-24-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #34 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    C-Moto Senior
    What does living in the UK have do with anything? Other than give me a better opportunity to ride non chinese bikes as well, which I do and have done so, from Honda, Suzuki & Yamaha, plus Royal Enfield (Indian) Triumph ( bike manufactured in Thailand), and as I ride my bikes daily, granted commuter riding, not off roading, and then some longer rides out at the weekends. All I am saying is the bikes from the chinese manufacturers / distributors that I have owned have not given me any untoward issues. I can't say for the bike or bikes you or anybody has ridden or is riding, but I can say what the case is for the bikes that I've ridden, in rain, wind, snow & icy conditions, getting caked in road salt, which is very corrosive, I would also say our glorious summer weather, but hey, lets not exaggerate !!. None of the bikes has given me any reason for concern.

5. #35 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    What does living in the UK have do with anything? Other than give me a better opportunity to ride non chinese bikes as well, which I do and have done so, from Honda, Suzuki & Yamaha, plus Royal Enfield (Indian) Triumph ( bike manufactured in Thailand), and as I ride my bikes daily, granted commuter riding, not off roading, and then some longer rides out at the weekends. All I am saying is the bikes from the chinese manufacturers / distributors that I have owned have not given me any untoward issues. I can't say for the bike or bikes you or anybody has ridden or is riding, but I can say what the case is for the bikes that I've ridden, in rain, wind, snow & icy conditions, getting caked in road salt, which is very corrosive, I would also say our glorious summer weather, but hey, lets not exaggerate !!. None of the bikes has given me any reason for concern.
    You are one lucky man with all the good luck you have had with YOUR Chinese bikes i wish you as much luck for the future.

What does living in the UK have do with anything?
    I come from the UK so for you to understand that reason you need to live here as well ?

6. #36 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    I love the concept of this bike! The X5 I mean, Its pure perfect for my needs in China. If there were no quality issues Id have gone for it long ago.
    Have you seen the 600cc version of that model, they will be offered under the SWM label.

Six speed with Mikuni EFI

7. #37 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 

To be fair I don't have a fleet of bikes, I stick to one at a time (have a quiver of bicycles though), but of the 15 or more bikes I've owned over the last 20 years, Chinese bikes have for me been the most troublesome.

I do think this is due to....
    -Only better export bikes being exported
    -Special 'export only' assembly lines
    -Some 'problem fixes' by importers
    -Luck
    -Wishful thinking from people that own Chinese bikes and want them to be good

Although I am quite impressed with the quality of Japanese branded bikes that are made in China, I'm not a huge fan of even my CFMOTO 650NK, which is a pretty reliable machine, and one of the better Chinabikes.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

8. #38 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Have you seen the 600cc version of that model, they will be offered under the SWM label.

Six speed with Mikuni EFI

Very intresting bike.

Effectively, this bike is a 2012 Husqvarna TE630 with some new clothes and serious-looking luggage. At the heart of the bike is the same 600cc DOHC single which makes around 50bhp.
    The bike gets Marzochi front forks (320mm of travel) and Sachs rear shock (270mm of travel). The 5-gallon petrol tank is the same enduro-style unit as on SWM’s R650R and the bike gets 17 inch rear and 19 inch front wheels.
    Seat height is 860mm and the bike tips the scales at 159kg dry.
    No price has yet been announced by the company and the only information we have about a release date is that it will appear in 2016.

9. #39 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    There will be a whole bunch of the L1 slobbering for the new 125R

10. #40 Re: Mash (Shineray) XY 400 
    Against my better judgment laying in a box back in Shandong is a brand new CFMoto 650TRG which will be ridden with 2 other riders (Chinese) on the same model bike to the UK and back to China? total km should be around 40.000 km in about 100 days, along with this ride will be a service truck full up with spare parts, I hope we will not need them but from past experience tells me we will, so let's leave the floor open for now and wait and see if these bikes make it to and back to China.

And these are the latest and best China can offer for the present time.... IMO

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast