Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Tabao - Using an agent 
    C-Moto Senior
    Tabao

Postby linuxyeti » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
    Hi there

I thought I'd have a go at ordering from Tabao, using an agent, to buy some bits for my CF650TR

So, initial order payed for on the 19th Jan, this initial payment, is for the agents commission, the items & local postage. Once the iems arrived at the agent you then pay for the international postage, the agent send photos of what you've ordered before you pay for the international postage. Altogether it's costing me ~£75.00 for pannier protectors, both parts of the throttle cable, so, not 100% sure how much of a bargain I've ended up with, however, I have only seen the pannier protectors on tabao !!. I chose the overland postage option, the cheapest, which I was told could take upto 3 months to arrive.

Long story short, they arrived today, after parcel force felt the urge to add the custom charges on top, £25.00. So the overall cost, ~£100.00. I can't complain too much, as, just the 2 part throttle cable (upper & lower) from WK, are £35.00 excluding VAT (20%) and postage.

The tabao agent I used was ... tabaoring https://www.taobaoring.com/

A couple of lessons learnt, main one is that it's best to order from a single tabao seller, via the agent, as this should save considerably on 'local' postage.

Expect an additional bill from customs, if that doesn't happen, then it's a bonus Generally speaking I've been fairly lucky in the past.

In short, using my newly learnt lessons, I would definitely use this agent again.

Cheers

Tony

2. #2 Re: Tabao - Using an agent 
    Is anyone doing any price negotiations for you? I've saved a ton on taobao by chatting with the sellers and haggling the price down. I don't use an agent either but I do have them ship to an international shipping company and once everything I want has arrived I tell them and they ship it all to the US. I do the same thing to get stuff here in China. Also, typically 1¥ will get you insurance on the product so if it's wrong you can send it back and your only out 1¥.

3. #3 Re: Tabao - Using an agent 
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
    Tabao

Postby linuxyeti » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
    Hi there

I thought I'd have a go at ordering from Tabao, using an agent, to buy some bits for my CF650TR

So, initial order payed for on the 19th Jan, this initial payment, is for the agents commission, the items & local postage. Once the iems arrived at the agent you then pay for the international postage, the agent send photos of what you've ordered before you pay for the international postage. Altogether it's costing me ~£75.00 for pannier protectors, both parts of the throttle cable, so, not 100% sure how much of a bargain I've ended up with, however, I have only seen the pannier protectors on tabao !!. I chose the overland postage option, the cheapest, which I was told could take upto 3 months to arrive.

Long story short, they arrived today, after parcel force felt the urge to add the custom charges on top, £25.00. So the overall cost, ~£100.00. I can't complain too much, as, just the 2 part throttle cable (upper & lower) from WK, are £35.00 excluding VAT (20%) and postage.

The tabao agent I used was ... tabaoring https://www.taobaoring.com/

A couple of lessons learnt, main one is that it's best to order from a single tabao seller, via the agent, as this should save considerably on 'local' postage.

Expect an additional bill from customs, if that doesn't happen, then it's a bonus Generally speaking I've been fairly lucky in the past.

In short, using my newly learnt lessons, I would definitely use this agent again.

Cheers

Tony
    Hi Tony

Good to hear you have had a go with a Taobao agent to obtain so much needed parts from China.
    If i am reading your parts ordered correctly? then here is the parts price direct from Taobao seller, just 1 point most Taobao will send parts free within China or charge a very small fee i.e. £2?

pannier protectors, both parts of the throttle cable,
    Back Pannier protectors. £20

http://world.taobao.com/item/5220821....VjVert#detail

Throttle Cable £3.20

http://world.taobao.com/item/5202931....VjVert#detail
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: Tabao - Using an agent 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi there

Thanks for the replies, I did try ordering direct from Tabao, but google doesn't translate enough, and also, when I try to use the chat app to contact the seller, it crashes for me :( I'm sure I could save more, alas, I'm hamstrung by not being able to speak, write or understand chinese.

Overall I was happy with my experience, and for my next order I will reduce the amount of local postage by using, where possible, a single supplier.

Cheers

Tony

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    If your in China try translate.Google.cn, it's not blocked.