Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Need help!

1. #1 Need help! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey So for the past 3 months I have been trying to get my Dong fang 250RTE up and running, recently I pulled out the carb and cleaned it out with gum out. However my issue is that when I take her out I have to get all the way up to 5th gear and go top throttle just to get up around 40, I know these bikes aren't that fast but I have another one that goes at least 60. As well as it not having power it will hiccup with out the choke on, as in it is all warmed up but when I take it out around shifting speed it will lose power and the engine will sort of hiccup. I am pretty much at wits end so any help would be greatly appreciated!.
    Last edited by Trivas123; 02-08-2016 at 08:45 PM.

2. #2 Re: Need help! 
    C-Moto Noob
    I am no motorcycle mechanic, but if you cleaned the carburetor, maybe inspecting the rest of the fuel system would be a good idea. Fuel filter, fuel lines, fuel pump etc... Maybe check the spark plug against a chart of spark plug issues you could find online. I know this post is older, and you've probably fixed the issue by now, but I figured I would throw my non-mechanic 2 cents in.