Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Re: KTM Duke 390 Long term Review

Met this guy, he's from India and bought the 390 Duke new in India. He's ridden it from India, eastwards through Myanmar, all around Thailand, through Laos & has just completed Cambodia too. He had a charging issue in Laos, got a new rectifier and is fine again now.

source....... http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-f...8312#post58312

25056000839_f5f99eb7eb_b.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #102 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Nice, it is the Duke 200 though. Almost the exact same bike. I guess the guy who wrote that does not know the difference but who cares. If the 200 can manage the 390 will be awesome!
    I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

3. #103 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Despite many hours, many offices, many phone calls, and much guanxi expended, the local fiefdom refused to register or plate my bike on the basis that I am a temporary resident, on par with a lowly migrant worker. The final stance of a very shrill woman was, no hukou, no access to services.

They would register it in a local person's name, which I previously opted to do with my beater car, but I would like to have the bike in my name to simplify crossing borders and and possibly take it home with me later on.

My district is very anti-motorcycle, but generally takes pity on us poor bumpkins out here in the countryside. (How else are we supposed to get our cabbage to market?) Apparently that pity is only extended if you are officially bound to the land under their purview, the middle kingdom's version of serfdom known as the almighty hukou.

Fighting for me tooth and nail, the flummoxed dealer cried injustice and offered to help file an administrative lawsuit, because the district's position effectively bars all foreign citizens from owning or registering a vehicle.

However, on the advice of friends I have opted to take up residence in a friendlier neighboring district. My relocation should be complete by the weekend. I will try again on Monday.

4. #104 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Oh and BTW... I did some ring seating exercises today. The bike is a full on riot. The Duke 390 was the right choice. I can hardly wait to use the full RPM range.

5. #105 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mot View Post
    Oh and BTW... I did some ring seating exercises today. The bike is a full on riot. The Duke 390 was the right choice. I can hardly wait to use the full RPM range.
    I am jealous! I still have a few weeks of bikeless loneliness.

KTM is telling me we can get theft insurance for a little more then 400rmb. Did they mention this to you? I just read the GW250 stolen thread and though, well this might be a good idea if it is legit. Last time I looked into theft i could not find a insurance company that offered it. I already got the radial wheel lock, huge chain lock and alarm.

I also opted for the front and rear sliders, bar end sliders as well as the orange engine guard. It just keeps eating my wallet. Soon I will be homeless. I started out looking at a 14800rmb bike.
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

6. #106 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    I also opted for the front and rear sliders, bar end sliders as well as the orange engine guard. It just keeps eating my wallet. Soon I will be homeless. I started out looking at a 14800rmb bike.
    Who needs a house when you can have the freedom of the open road?

A set of bar-end sliders will come with the bike. The other sliders are extra. I only went with the orange engine guard for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    KTM is telling me we can get theft insurance for a little more then 400rmb. Did they mention this to you? I just read the GW250 stolen thread and though, well this might be a good idea if it is legit. Last time I looked into theft i could not find a insurance company that offered it. I already got the radial wheel lock, huge chain lock and alarm.
    No, the KTM dealer didn't mention theft insurance, just a basic policy. I'll ask, because I'd like to have it.

PingAn would only write a mandatory minimum liability policy, which is extremely underinsured in my opinion. PICC at least offered additional liability coverage for purchase. Neither insurer would issue a policy covering theft, loss, or damage to the bike.

What's a good lock to look for?

7. #107 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mot View Post
    Who needs a house when you can have the freedom of the open road?

A set of bar-end sliders will come with the bike. The other sliders are extra. I only went with the orange engine guard for now.

What's a good lock to look for?
    Ok sweet, so I will back off the bar-end sliders then. I was going to buy after market on taobao as well as the front and rear wheel sliders.

I am using the abus Granit City lock. Here is a link to it on taobao if you want to check it out. It is a really high end lock.
    http://world.taobao.com/item/4562253....VOqUBK#detail

I also opted to buy the KTM Radial wheel lock. Not really a necessity but I use a disk lock on my current bike and I sometimes hop on and forget about it. I launch forward to an immediate stop and a few times caused damage to my brake disk. The radial wheel lock keeps the wheel from moving at all if you forget and prevents damage. My own negligence making this a necessity.
    KTM-Radial-Roadlok.jpg

I also opted for this little bag to carry the chain lock so it does not need to be in my backpack and so I don't need to kit my bike out unless I am going on a trip. It is not the real one. The real one is expensive and expands to be able to hold your helmet.
    http://world.taobao.com/item/5228668....OPrTWN#detail

I hope this information is helpful!

8. #108 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    FYI...

Four more Duke 390s delivered and sold this week. I couldn't help but notice the white ones have a radiator guard and the radiator core/end tanks appear to be a lot thicker. The radiators on the black ones look the same as mine. (see below)

I haven't seen the bikes in person to determine the production date, but me thinks the white ones are new production like the RC390s. Perhaps black doesn't sell as well leaving CFMoto with a bunch of old black kits to work through? The dealer did say white was more popular.

WHITE:
    64739361518848596.jpg
    701113219719174753.jpg

BLACK:
    627705856930572470.jpg
    787994626163767411.jpg

9. #109 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    After looking at other pictures online, the difference in radiator thickness appears to be due to extra plastic cladding. Wide plastic covers on the end tanks to accommodate the added depth of the guard in front of the radiator.

2015-07-20 16-27-21.jpg

10. #110 Re: Whats better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    So do you really think it is the newer model? Or do you think some came in with radiator protectors. I can't find anything on line about any change like this.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast