Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. #121 Re: What’s better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mot View Post
    Crash bars
    Hey Mot, How much were those crash bars and did they come with the sliders? Also when you asked for the insurance did they tell you that for the theft insurance to be valid you had to spend some 3000 rmb on some KTM lock?

Thank you kindly!
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #122 Re: What’s better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Dealer quoted 2000 RMB for the official KTM PowerSports bars. Yes, two plastic sliders were included for the bars themselves. You can probably get a better price. I found the box, it had a KTM price sticker that looked like the retail stickers on the KTM gear in the shop marked 1437 RMB.

No additional purchase mentioned for theft insurance, but I still don't have it yet. The PICC agent (dealer's agent) originally would not sell me a theft policy. Dealer was adamant theft was an available add-on and it should only be around 400RMB. Dealer was supposed to contact the agent Friday to get it straightened out. I still need to follow-up.

3. #123 Re: What’s better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Interesting, I was quoted the 1437 for the crash bars but found knock offs on taobao for 500. The dealer wanted to sell me the crash bars with out the nylon sliders. Very strange if you ask me. You would think they came with them.

I tried getting the insurance and they have bad communication because it turns out I have to buy several other insurances to have theft insurance. I need to have full coverage on the bike. Will end up costing like 3k for the insurance with theft every year. Quite a bit more then expected but it also covers accidental damage and other thing. Not sure what I will do yet.

The KTM radial lock for the brake caliper sells for 3250 from KTM however you can buy the roadlok brand for 1444 with shipping directly from roadlok. Only it is black. Keep in mind Roadlok makes the KTM version, they just paint it orange and sell it for more then twice the price.

I did find some decent ABUS chain lock for affordable prices on TaoBao2 the person to person version of taobao. It was 200rmb for an abus 8900 series.

it has been frustrating trying to get the final details hammered out but I will hopefully have the bike in my hands next week.

Did I mention I failed my test by 2 points on Friday and have to go back this Friday. So sad...
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

4. #124 Re: What’s better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Hi guys

Been reading your post about theft cover and or locks and chains for your KTM....

IMO don't waste your money on locks and chains these item WILL not stop the theft of the bike it will only change the tactic on steeling your bike.

Believe me the hard core thieve in China just turn up with a pickup in broad daylight load your bike up and drive away locks or no locks
    Just be careful about where you leave your bike if you are eating in a restaurant, park the bike near a window and get a table near the window so the bike is in full view all the time.

But the most common time a bike is stolen is of a night so make sure you are 100% safe when you park your bike at home, and when you do travel and stop at hotel, make sure there have 24 hour car park security or park your bike in the hotel lobby if both are unenviable then just find another hotel.

Best to spend the 3000/4000 rmb on full cover insurance then to lose a 43.000 rmb bike.

Did I mention I failed my test by 2 points on Friday and have to go back this Friday. So sad..
    Bad luck took me 4 times just keep going you will get there in the end good luck with your next test.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #125 Re: What’s better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Indeed, I am opting to spend the money on insurance but I also already bought the locks so I will use those as well. Maybe it will scare enough thieves away I never have to worry. I have come outside to my ebike laying on its side with cut marks in my chains several times. I have replaced the fairing and foot pegs because of it. My bike was still there though and that was with a crap Chinese chain. Now I have decent chain which will take even more time to get through.

I have no good place to park my bike at night so I am dealing with a motorcycle tent, a ground anchor and locks. I do live in a military compound though. I have guards walking around at night and both gates guarded. Not thief proof but more of a deterrent!

6. #126 Re: What’s better for me than YBR250/YS250? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mot View Post
    Dealer quoted 2000 RMB for the official KTM PowerSports bars. Yes, two plastic sliders were included for the bars themselves. You can probably get a better price. I found the box, it had a KTM price sticker that looked like the retail stickers on the KTM gear in the shop marked 1437 RMB.

No additional purchase mentioned for theft insurance, but I still don't have it yet. The PICC agent (dealer's agent) originally would not sell me a theft policy. Dealer was adamant theft was an available add-on and it should only be around 400RMB. Dealer was supposed to contact the agent Friday to get it straightened out. I still need to follow-up.
    Hey Mot,

Run into any issues with your Duke yet? Sometimes when I wind the bike out it looses all power and I have to pull the clutch in and release then the power returns. It is like the clutch randomly starts slipping sometimes. Its only when I rev it out pretty far but I am not redlining it. Also, I have been getting some false neutrals pretty often. The worst problem so far and I just started a new thread about it. I am getting a small oil leak now near where the gear positioning sensor wires go into the case. Not sure if its leaking from where the wires go in or the seal. I have put just over 2000km on it so far. So not a ton of riding. A few small trips to nearby cities and my daily commuting is all.

Look forward to hearing about what your experience has been like. Also, how do you feel about those power wheelies when catching second? I love those cute little wheelies it does.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213