Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Huanghe 黄河自由 
    Huanghe's main products are three wheeled utilty vehicles.

They are currently marketing a model they call their 250X.

The 250X is being referred to as either a sleeper or subversive. That’s because it is selling for 5k RMB less then comparative models. It could very well be either or both, there has been improvements in the supply chain for the industry, in that it would not take much to assemble a better offering out of the existing supply chain.

They are selling allot of the X250 off the AD Banners being run on http://www.newmotor.com.cn/

Last edited by MJH; 06-29-2016 at 06:58 AM.

2. #2 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 

3. #3 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    I like the black/gray color combination.
    But for 10k RMB we should be clear that some mods will be indispensable.
    However, I like the italian "VariousStreet" Design and might be crazy enough to chose it as my next CIP (as long as i get it road legal)
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    They have the specs wrong on the engine, its 65.5x67 and 226cc at least that is what Loncin the manufacuturer states.

It is the same engine they are offering in the GP250 also a six speed with EFI.

5. #5 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    There are these companies like Dayan that have some resources, for instance they have divisions that make large trucks, Haunghe motorcycle may be similar in that is may be a division of a larger company, there is a very large truck manufacturer with the same name.
    The bike s being offered in a manner that seems very strategic, intelligently, for that it deserves a second look. It would not be impossible for it to be a very decent model. If they sell allot of them and they are decent it opens a new market segment for them. Loncin sells their CR5 that has a carburetor and is 200cc for slightly more than this model and they offer a GP250 for much more and this bike has the same engine as the GP which also has EFI.
    My thought is that Haunghe was able to secure the same engine as the GP250 Loncin and that may be at a decent price, probably due them being a big purchaser of engines from them. Haunge may be a very large manufacturer of three wheeled vehicles?
    It may be more of a spoiler?
    Last edited by MJH; 02-19-2016 at 09:15 PM.

6. #6 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 

7. #7 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    You cannot get one of these in China, the Huanghe you can get though and that is because it has EFI. The Teken is for export only and that’s a shame, because it would likely sell well if it was offered the same way the Huanghe is being offered.
    The absolute best way to market is to offer up your details and then offer a point of purchase it can be a hotlink to purchase, that link can be an AD banners or a designated website. In this instance they are really smart because you can see the counts, as they sell the tally is displayed.

The problem with too many images and no points of purchase is its all a song and dance, it’s beyond the consumers arm’s length, it leads to a dead end as the actual point of purchase is missing.

8. #8 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    You have to admit it’s pretty interesting, the X250 by “word of mouth” is getting a rating of 8.4 out of a possible 10. It’s the price that is getting that score, the observations are not from actual purchasers.

It is now the 27th and unit’s sales are at 134

Typical price of this type of motorcycle is around 13,000RMB which is about 2K USD, which is the retail price in China. The 10,000 RMB is a typical wholesale price @ about 1.5K USD or less.

The average retail price of the Fuego Teken 250 in South America is 2K USD. The Loncin CR5 sells for less than that in many markets.

30,999.00 MXN = 1,696.63 USD
    Last edited by MJH; 07-11-2016 at 01:38 PM.

9. #9 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    CR5, yes.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

It is strange logic in "Tekken's" pricing.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #10 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    Last edited by MJH; 02-28-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast