Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    C-Moto Guru
    I think the significant news with Loncin's 300cc engine is that it's water-cooled. That's not something you see often, if at all, with Chinese engines, clones or not. I have it on my Puzey and so far it's fine, albeit I've put only a few thousand kilometers on it, so no idea about the long term reliability.

2. #32 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    I was wondering if you still had your Puzey, they stopped making the model you have, they now offer a BRM 300 Enduro, it has a 2-Stroke manufactured by TM.

3. #33 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    Huanghe is claiming they will put the 300cc Loncin called the YF300 into their 250x and with no additional costs over the 229cc Loncin SOHC air cooled single. Loncin has been selling a water cooled SOHC engine for years, it offered only a marginal power advantage over the air-cooled engine. The Loncin water cooled 250 is common in dirt bikes, like Apollo.

The 300 version is in development, it will also get an aluminum swing arm and also be EFI.

4. #34 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I was wondering if you still had your Puzey, they stopped making the model you have, they now offer a BRM 300 Enduro, it has a 2-Stroke manufactured by TM.
    Yes, I have it and use it as a city commuter, as it's in supermoto trim. So far, so good. Small "wiggles" here and there, but nothing of major concern.

The BRM300 is a totally, totally different beast. And I mean beast without any quotes - 300cc from 2 strokes is not something for everyone.

5. #35 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    The Huanghe, translates to Yellow River, 300X seems to be selling pretty well.

14,980 CNY = 2,170.26 USD

6. #36 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    if it really has a reliable ABS included in 15k RMB its a killer price. (?)
    But I believe their weight statement is BS. My X2 with less plastic and surrounding stuff and a very comparable engine size is already 145kg unfueled.
    They state 143kg .... never! ... But maybe still a good commuter bike

http://bbs.newmotor.com.cn/display.s...age=1&id=61001
    under this link you can find the bike put to individual parts. Interesting.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

7. #37 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    I dunno, the Honda CB300F is 158kg wet? I would guess the Honda at 145kg dry weight. This bike looks to have an aluminum swingarm, so it would take off a bit.

The link claims -3kg for the swingarm.

8. #38 Re: Huanghe 黄河自由 
    They are also advertising their version of the Yamaha Tricker on Taobao English.
    Theirs has a Loncin 229cc OHC engine with a six speed.
    They also replaced all of the poorly cast metal parts I pointed out earlier, with machined parts, they actually look pretty decent and with the Loncin engine and a sixth gear theses should be decent offerings

1,437.17 USD =9,915.13CNY

Their is a version of these sold in the USA made by a different manufacturer, They also call them a magician, the OEM manufacturer of the model sold in the USA is Hensim. The version sold in the US are a 229cc OHV 5-speed.

What is also interesting is that these imports do not have EPA certification for On The Road use, they hold EPA Off Road certificates. They are getting titled and registered in many states nonetheless? That is because an MSO used to get a title does not state if the vehicles meet federal regulations, so many state bureaucracies do not verify and subsequently title them.

This is not intentional dissonance between states and the federal government, though it could be seen that way.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-11-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234