Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Greetings from Zhoaqing, Guangdong! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello and happy to be a member of MCM! I just had my Texas DL copied to get translated at the local Gov't notary and had my employment sponsor vouch for me. Now just waiting on my residence permit so I can take the next step and get licensed. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has licensed, registered and insured a bike in Guangdong Province, as to what other procedures or loopholes I need to be aware of. I'm using a China Drivers test study app as well and it seems ok, but any other resources that are recommended would be helpful. I'm just getting a bike for simple transportation and short day trips on local roads. Any bike purchase suggestions would be great as well. Thanks and hope to hear from you! I've been looking at this bike - http://cfmoto.cn/news/61-1.html I like the fact that it's water cooled and has a six speed transmission, seems like a step up from other bikes in it's class and price range.
    Last edited by maobobbleheadoll; 02-21-2016 at 03:48 AM.

2. #2 Re: Greetings from Zhoaqing, Guangdong! 
    Welcome! I did the license process in Beijing and everything went smoothly. Study for the exam and you'll pass, I'm sure! One thing that helped me was drawing all the road signs by hand in a notebook to help me memorize them: many of them are not obvious...

What kind of riding do you like to do? You mention commuting and day trips... we're curious :)

3. #3 Re: Greetings from Zhoaqing, Guangdong! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Not really worried about passing the written test but more concerned with the procedure for registering and insuring the bike in my locality. From what I understand rules and regulations differ from one city/province to another, so Beijing is probably different from Zhaoqing, Guangdong where I am at. I plan on just using the bike for commute/errand purposes and short day trips, a few hours out and back in the surrounding areas, sightseeing etc. I've been looking at this bike - http://cfmoto.cn/news/61-1.html - because I'd like something water cooled and it has a six speed as well. Seems a step up from most of the other bikes in it's class and price.

4. #4 Re: Greetings from Zhoaqing, Guangdong! 
    About 18 month ago I found it impossible to get a motorbike license in Guangdong as a foreigner. I had to take a visit to Haikou and pay a king's ransom to get mine. I also couldn't get my bike registered in my name, in the end it is registered in my sister in law's name. I hope you have better luck !
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy