Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Seems it's going for about 12,000 yuan. Looks like a decent bike and I like the fact it's water cooled and has a 6 speed tranny, so medium speed short distance cruising is a possibility? I don't want a huge investment if I'm only staying here for a year.

http://cfmoto.cn/news/61-1.html

2. #2 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    Quote Originally Posted by maobobbleheadoll View Post
    Seems it's going for about 12,000 yuan. Looks like a decent bike and I like the fact it's water cooled and has a 6 speed tranny, so medium speed short distance cruising is a possibility? I don't want a huge investment if I'm only staying here for a year.

http://cfmoto.cn/news/61-1.html
    It's not to bad for a Chinabike, most likely, however at this price point there are loads of options for better made in China Japanese bikes like Sundiro Honda CBF150 and CBF190. Surely they'd be more reliable and have far better resale value. Why take chances with a questionable quality bike that may turn out to be OK, when you could buy a bike that you can be 99% certain of being prefect?

Well machined small displacement single engines don't really need liquid cooling, just adds weight and unnecessary complication. 6 speed on small displacement engine probably isn't a big deal, it depends on the ratios being used. In short it has features the likes of Honda don't have, but that's because they aren't really needed.

3. #3 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ok, thanks for your opinion on this. Honda 190 model runs about 2000 yuan more on taobao.

4. #4 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    the Engine is suzuki GS125 clone added liquid cool system. But I prefer liquid cool over air.
    同志仍需努力

5. #5 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    Liquid cooled GS clone!?

No say!

I mean, I thought that they used something new.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #6 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    They need a 200cc version of that for Asia and a 125cc version for the EU. The engine is based off the GS engines and it comes in a 125/150/200 version. CFmoto tuned the 150 up by 11% with EFI and a six speed gearbox.
    If they had a 125cc version of the NK/Vnight and leader they would sell well in the EU as learners.
    A 125cc version would likely have about 13hp as the 150 has 14.5, a 199cc version would be over 17hp.

7. #7 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    C-Moto Noob
    it's gotten good reviews in NZ and AU so far but I'd feel much better about shipping the Aprilla out of China when I move on rather than the Moto......

8. #8 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    C-Moto Regular
    A friend and local bike instructor here has one as a students bike and it has just clocked 25,00km and these have been hard ! learnes dont really know how to look after a bike and his is still going good .

Its a good looking bike in my eyes and his students echo this , most are 17-25 year old males just getting out of scooters and getting into real bikes .

One thing he has noticed is the CFMoto front levers are rubbish , every time the bike gets dropped one nearly always snaps , he has since gone to Honda CB125 levers and these seem to bend rather than just snap off .

He also has an un-restricted 650nk that has just clocked 50,000km without any major problems .

Both these bikes are going nearly non stop all day 6 days a week and I think that's why he grabbed the 150 liquid cooled one as it hits 40 degrees here regularely , bike riding is very popular here
    '
    Brian.

9. #9 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    One thing he has noticed is the CFMoto front levers are rubbish
    So are Honda CRF250L levels are rubbish snap 2 already that why there is a big market folding levers for all makes and models?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #10 Re: cf moto 150 nk - anyone own this model? thoughts? prices? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    So are Honda CRF250L levels are rubbish snap 2 already that why there is a big market folding levers for all makes and models?
    JEEZE mate what the F%$* are you on ?

Yes folding ones would be perfect ,,, have you priced these lately ? here you can get 10 Honda CB125 levers for the price of one folding ,,, man all I am saying is the Honda ones are made of more mallable Alminum than the ones supplied by CFMoto ,,, proof is in the pudding

Brian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast